The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out? Was out for a short sit this AM from 615-745. Ate my pork and kraut for lunch and will be heading out shortly to sit till dark.

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
Went out until about 1030. Had to come home to install a dishwasher. Saw 4 doe out in the fields but nothing close to being in range. Lots of downed trees on the road this morning. Going to play hockey in the driveway with the boys and get ready for some pork and sauerkraut. I will be back out Thursday. May be my last hunt of the year. Happy New Year guys.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Didn,t go out at first light because of the high winds.But went out for a sneak and stalk late in the a.m.than again for an afternoon hunt till now and didn,t see squat.No evenin sit for me cause the New Years Day dinner bell is ringin.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got in. At 420 had 2 yearlings and a slightly larger doe feed around me at about 25-30yds for about 15 mins. Gave them a pass. At 450 had an unknown buck at about 45yds. Was too dark to make out points in the brush, just saw a few glimpses of antler. He fed past me out into the field. Snuck out and came in. Will try again in the AM.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
got in the stand at 3:00. saw deer at 3:45 coming from the direction I didn't really think they would. it was to my extreme left which wasn't too bad and were in the hemlocks at about 90 yards. had an alright rest and a broadside shot but thought they are coming down the ravine and into the bottom I was watching and thought I would wait for that shot. about that fast I felt the wind on my neck and they were gone! should have done it while I had the chance!

·
Registered
883 Posts
I was out all day just stalking trying to find that big 8 from yesterday. No go. He's out there somewhere and I'm gonna hunt him everyday til end of season. The wind this morning was unreal. I was actually scared. I could have shot 3 doe today but I gave them a pass. Saw 8 doe and a very tall 4 point for the day.Me and the boys are gonna do some pushes tommorow first thing in the morning on a dmap property then back to search mode. The boys are still recoupin from yesterday night.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Saw 5 together that I pushed out as I left the parking lot in the morning and that was it for the day. Hunted 9-12 and 330 to dark

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
No hunt for me today. I came down with a virus or the flu or something last night. Still feel pretty rough. Hope Ill be able to get out tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Kicked the new year off with a bang. Still hunted my way through an old state forest clearcut and caught this one feeding about 45 yards away. Made smoke and it was piled up within 30 yards.

Found these year old sheds also. The one on the left is bigger than it looks measuring 64". Quite a day.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was out from about 8-12. Had family over from Ohio, so didn’t get back out. Spent the day walking/hiking. Couldn’t get near anything. There’s a lot of pressure where I was hunting and the deer are very skittish. Good day in the woods though!

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
I was out from about 8-12. Had family over from Ohio, so didn’t get back out. Spent the day walking/hiking. Couldn’t get near anything. There’s a lot of pressure where I was hunting and the deer are very skittish. Good day in the woods though!
I am noticing the same thing. Deer still seemed pretty spooked for whatever reason in the areas I have been hunting. Very different from other seasons I have experienced over the years. Wish I could get one day to still hunt them with some fresh snow on the ground. Think it would make a huge difference. Also has been too warm. The deer aren’t moving much during midday like they do when it’s freezing out.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Alright BigBear! Congrats!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts