The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added a real nice tool to the woods work arsenal today. This is 3x6 woods trailer on 14" car tires, tiltbed with flared sides.

Main purpose will be hauling out TSI firewood down to the camp where we can split and cut at our leisure. With only ATV trail access to the land, firewood cutting was tough til now. We have already burned thru two Ag-fab type trailers, they just can't survive the weight and rough trails but this one WILL.

It will also haul out deer, gravel, dirt, lime and fertilizer wayback in to the plots, finally feel like I got all those problems solved!!!!

Buying local from a guy that builds one mean custom trailer..last one I will ever buy I bet. It is solid, welded, and yet not too heavy.

Can't wait to hook it up tomorrow and go fetch all those wood piles I got out there. THANKS CRAIG!!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Looks like a well made trailer. I bet you could fit a pile of deer in that thing.

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, 1 deer filled our other one.

·
6,466 Posts
just becareful atv aren't made to stop or control heavy loads down hill or on slopes.....I find it much easier to drag the logs whole to where im going to split......btw nice trailer just please be careful

·
Registered
392 Posts
I bought the exact trailer from him, The only thing I had him do extra was put a metal floor in it instead of wood.
It cost a little more but for what I use it for it was worth it.You won't regret buying it. I also got tired of wearing out lesser trailers

·
Registered
52,306 Posts
It is a good looking rig, I use an old pickup body made into a trailer for firewood......call it my Donkey Cart....

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bear king said:
I bought the exact trailer from him, The only thing I had him do extra was put a metal floor in it instead of wood.
It cost a little more but for what I use it for it was worth it.You won't regret buying it. I also got tired of wearing out lesser trailers
Cool...nice little shop he has. A friend at work (also on here) got one 10 years ago and had zero problems.

OK got to suit up for a day in the woods...

thanks treestand for the safety tip. these first few loads area on farily level ground, once I get the feel of carrying a load on it, I may create a landing on the hill. The second reason i bought that brush grabber tool was to skid..

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Nice trailer, I could use that around here

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RonM said:
RB do you have a small tractor, if yes, what do you have.....
Well sort of...it plows, disks, and harrows...but it is a Yamaha Grizzly. First trip in and out was a success...there is about 4-5 inches of crusty snow here so on a couple turn and little hills the atv wanted to dig in, but locking the differential got it moving again. the trailer wheels pretty much stayed on top of the crust even with a load. Can't wait for bare ground.

The first trip done...got me wanting to do 20 more, that is a good thing.

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Nice cart!!

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Checking my camera cards now...here is one from the job site today, turning it around in the plot, the ATV was digging in a little here. ...you can see the pile of logs off to the right buried in snow I picked up today, sections of maple I cut out of my plot hedgerow.

·
Registered
52,306 Posts
I have a Yamaha Big Bear 400, but I also have a 950 JD 31 HP for my trailer,the yamaha is a toy, havent had it out all winter.......

·
6,466 Posts
just some more advice turn your hitch upside down and remount the ball it will give you more height and clearance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts