The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been looking for a new tractor with four wheel drive because a lot of my old pasture fields are steep and had not been brush hogged in years. I picked up this used TN70A with 800 hours on it about a month ago. I very happy with it and have been able to clean up this old farm. Having four wheel drive on these steep hill sides is a big difference over the Farmall 706.

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
PaBone, nice piece of gear. It is amazing what you can get done with access to great machinery like that. Congratulation... Unbelievable the way something like that can literally change your daily routines for the good. Enjoy and be careful...

Chaos USMC

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Next I need to upgrade my brushhog, my new tractor is 7 foot wide. The old Woods mower is a 6 footer and the seal in the gear box has been bad for several years now and I have been running grease in it. I have been looking for at least a seven footer which would be at least as wide as the tractor. Once you get into some of the wider mowers with multiple gear boxes the price really goes up.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Nothing beats 7-6 Lilliston for smooth mowing of grass , and it is adjustable height. not sure what is would do with high weeds and brush. The only one I ever saw were pull type, pto, belt driven..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts