The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a new turkey/goose gun this weekend at a gun show. CVA Gobbler 12-gauge BP shotgun, 1999 NWTF Edition. I'd like to someday graduate to a flintlock shotgun, but this is a good starting point and the price was right.

Looking forward to learning how to use it over the next few months, and hopefully knock off a bucket list item by harvesting a turkey with it next spring. I also plan to take it goose hunting every now and again, if for no other reason that to aggravate my ol' man

First item of business is to find a way to put an adjustable raised rifle-style sight on it. When I shoulder it, my head can't come down close enough to see straight down the barrel to the bead. I can eventually get down on it enough, but in the heat of the moment I don't want to have to think about it. It is tapped for a scope mount but I'd like to avoid that if possible for aesthetic reasons.

I'm not new to BP shooting but have never used a BP shotgun before. Any thoughts or advice I can use to get started on this journey? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the links and the input. I don't know how much I'll get done here this fall, due to hunting seasons and holidays, but I'm looking forward to having this gun ready to go for Spring Gobbler season! There's a lot I need to learn yet so I don't plan to rush it with this gun.

rancher00 said:
Nice gun. I like the crown vic emblem too
I had two of them back in the day. Wrecked the first one, and the dumbest thing I ever did was sell the other one. Loved them ol' war wagons!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts