The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.. new to reloading shotguns here. Bought a Lee Load all II and it just got here today..

now id like to buy a book that has alot of different recipes in it.. can you guys recommend a book and also recommend where you get your components from? I will be loading 2 3/4 for clay bustin as well as 3" loads for upland bird, and lastly 3" loads for waterfowl (i know i have to weigh and measure the steel by hand)

Any help for the lead shot would be greatly appreciated

Chris

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
if you can't find any lead local, there is a guy that reclaims shot, melts it and re-drips it, and sells it for a reasonable price..........if you are interested in that, I will pm you the link, or you can just search lead shot.....

I usually buy my hulls, and wads from Graf and Sons, I mostly pick up hulls, but sometimes I will buy a batch....

As far as loads, check out the powder manufacturers pages, most list data for a lot of different hull/wad, and powder combo's......I know Alliant does for sure......

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The Lyman shotshell manual is a good place to start if you want a book. Otherwise, powder manufacture sites offer more options.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buckshot ill take a look at the link if you'd be so kind
thanks for the suggestions

1 - 5 of 5 Posts