The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm new to this site and PA hunting. I have a bag limit question. I reached out to the game commission but haven't heard back. With an archery tag, how many bucks am I allowed? One and done or one with archery and one during regular season?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
And make sure it's not on a Sunday. Welcome to PA.

Reactions: dragman

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
One buck per license year and as many Does as you can kill with the proper extra doe tags.....The PGC can use the extra money...

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Hi all. I'm new to this site and PA hunting. I have a bag limit question. I reached out to the game commission but haven't heard back. With an archery tag, how many bucks am I allowed? One and done or one with archery and one during regular season?

Thanks,
Jim
Recommend you read your digest that came with your license. One buck and done period. Don't forget to check out the antler restrictions because the number of minimum points differs depending on which WMU you are hunting in.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
My lions are only protected in counties where the PGC is conducting eradication efforts... shoot on sight anywhere else.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Jim
Welcome to the forum and to our great state....
In all seriousness, it will do you a lot of good to make the time to read the hunting digest...
There are a few things that are valid in some areas of the state and not in others.
I can not tell which part of the state you are from but there are regulations that differ from area to area....
Firearms is a biggie, for example shotguns are the only mode of gun allowed to hunt big game whereas most of the state is rifle allowed and Philadelphia county is archery only... just to name an example.
The digest can be a little confusing so you may have to re-read parts more than once...
There is a wealth of knowledge from the contributors of this forum so please feel free to ask questions as they arise....(Don't mind the once in a while snard remark, they can't help themselves)
Good luck this season and again.. Welcome.

·
Premium Member
Ravin R9
5,547 Posts
Well said by Eight Point.
Yes the digest can be confusing Jim.
If you have any questions and would rather talk to someone, feel free to PM me and I could give you my cell #.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts