The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to muzzleloading. My girlfriend bought me a new muzzleloader, and I shot it a few times with her dad cuz he has one, but does anyone know of a kit or something they sell with everything i would need to hunt with it because i have nothing with it just the gun and scope and I dont know much about muzzzleloading hunting. I do know its a 30 caliber

·
Registered
127 Posts
quadsport09,
.30 caliber is unusual for new muzzleloaders. Are you sure you read it right? I don't know of a kit for it but you would be able to find everything you need for shooting and cleaning at Track of the Wolf.com, or Dixie Gun Works. Most gun shops won't have much for .30 caliber unless it's a dedicated muzzleloading shop like Dixon's or Ft. Chambers.

FH

·
Registered
12,169 Posts
There were once a host of "accessory kits" available. I think Traditions may still sell them. The problem is that some come with speed loaders, some came with small flasks, some use No 11 caps, some use flints, some use 209 primers, some use centerfire rifle primers in a carrier and some use only Magnum 209 primers. The myriad of variations made it nearly impossible to put together a proper accessory kit.

There's a host of things you CAN buy, only some of which you NEED. Although there are some things that are definitely nice to have sometimes. Obviously, projectiles and powder. If you shoot loose powder, you will need a measure. Something to keep the powder in, something to keep your ignition primers in, perhaps a capper,

A ball starter, proper ran rod jag for seating the bullet and for cleaning. Cleaning patches, gun oil, Depending on the projectile, a bullet or patch lubricant, A decent gun screwdriver, a pair of pliers, A pouch or jacket to keep it all in.

Incidentally, I do have a 32 cal inline that has the reciever grooves to handle a 22 rf scope. From your first post, I wondered if your gal lucked into one like mine.

Sounds like her father can steer you right on the extras needed for shooting.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Check Cabela's or any of the big outdoor stores either in person if you're close enough or online. CVA and TC both have starter kits available with everythin except powder and primers. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts