The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im fairly new to muzzleloaders. I was wondering if you guys had any imput on a new muzzleloader. My budget would be about $350 and I would like iron sights with a scope option. If you have any recommendations that would be great thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
For that budget I say something like a CVA wolf. I got a really good deal on mine this past black friday. $145 shipped to my door. That was the cheapest I have ever seen them so don't expect that kind of sale all the time. Current price is $209 with cheaper prices to be had. Goodluck! In-lines are more accurate than you would think. They surprised me.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Thompson Center Impact, there around $200. and you don't have to buy a different breach plug to shoot Blackhorn 209.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have a Traditions Pursuit G4 Ultralight. I think I paid around $320 for it and it came with iron sights. It's a good inline for the price as are many of the others that have been previously mentioned. Best of luck with your adventure into muzzleloading!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have had several over the years. A TC Omega is the most accurate I have owned to date. I currently have a CVA Optima V2 with the Nitride coated barrel that I got for $200 used off of gunbroker. It has a great trigger, easy to clean, is light, and shoots quite well. It is nice having the stainless barrel to reduce corrosion. Probably won't be going back to a TC in the near future for an inline.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts