The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the black powder world. My wife bought me a Thompson Renegade for Christmas in .50. Is there a good website to reference all of the finer points of black powder hunting? The book that came with the gun is horrible for someone new to the sport. I am hoping that I can get out at least once in the late season and try my luck. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Your best bet is to find someone to help you in person. They do require some "getting used to", in terms of shooting. Strictly my opinion, but it might be a little late to get in the game for this season if you've never owned or shot one before. What part of PA are you in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Southcentral PA. I have shot flintlocks before. However, this is the first one that I have owned. I am still working with it. A friend of mine has been "mentoring" me with the new gun.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
If you're anywhere near Altoona I'd be happy to give you a hand if you need it. I'm no expert, but might be able to show you a couple things to shorten the learning curve.

·
Banned
900 Posts
Check out the traditional forum....look for the post "flintlock book". One of the guys is recommending it.

I haven't seen it.....yet!! Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts