The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.....if I read the regs properly (and they're only a little more confusing than tax law), I can hunt coyotes 7 days a week, with an electronic call, but I cannot hunt them at night.

Is that correct?

·
Registered
138 Posts
You can hunt the 24/7 365 except during big game rifle seasons. During those seasons you can shoot them with a valid tag for said season.

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is pretty clear in the digest that they can be hunted on Sundays. Foxes/Raccoons were specifically listed with the "any hour" option, but coyotes were not, hence my confusion.

I've started seeing coyote tracks on the place I hunt deer, so it's time I get my butt in gear on learning to hunt them. I'm sure it'll take time, but it'll give me something to do till turkey season. Besides, I have Ruger No1V in 25-06 that is a good shooter and is in need of time in the field.

·
Registered
843 Posts
tdd said:
It is pretty clear in the digest that they can be hunted on Sundays. Foxes/Raccoons were specifically listed with the "any hour" option, but coyotes were not, hence my confusion.
Pg. 14. #2

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, private land I lease for deer hunting. I started seeing coyote tracks here and there over the last few years. This year it's been every time there's snow. I finally decided to see if I could find the bugger(s).

And there's no dogs anywhere nearby, I'd say none closer than 1/2 mile to 3/4 mile, and the ones I know of are much bigger than coyotes (golden retrievers). I'd bet the tracks are surely coyotes, and they are appearing a lot more now.

G

·
0 Posts
Good luck with the yotes. Have you considered making a bait pile and setting up a camera to see when they hit the bait pile. Will confirm they are yotes and will give you an idea of when you should be up in a tree to sniper them. Just a possible idea...it is legal to hunt them over bait in PA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts