The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first cell camera and now I am addicted. Last Thursday afternoon before opening Saturday's opening day of bow, I placed the camera over a food plot & Within 4 hours of installing the camera i got a buck and several does that cruised by. In the 5 days that I had it up I get around 10 to 15 pictures of rabbits, bobcats and deer.

I am going to pick up another camera

·
Banned
2,951 Posts
I'm running 2 of these cameras now. I would set it to transmit pictures twice a day to conserve battery life.

·
Registered
12,059 Posts
I may get Comcast internet at the house in Sullivan. If I have internet can this camera to send photos to my phone or computer via the internet WIFI signal?

Reactions: NorthernPotterCo

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I may get Comcast internet at the house in Sullivan. If I have internet can this camera to send photos to my phone or computer via the internet WIFI signal?
No. The camera needs a Verizon or AT&T signal to use the “send to your phone gizmo”. However, the camera will still work fine as a regular trail camera without the cell tower connection.

I bought two of these last year & love them. I did as others have done. Bought one & two weeks later bought another.

Mine are 45 minutes away & I get photos without making a trip up.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Frank I don’t have internet at my place and this camera seems to work as advertise.

·
Registered
12,059 Posts
Thanks Joe. I do have good cell service up there but I am probably getting internet and hoped to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I read a story a while back in the U K they are going to make TVs with built in WiFi so you wont need any cable boxes, dish or streaming device

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm running 2 of these cameras now. I would set it to transmit pictures twice a day to conserve battery life.
Slay I took your advice and switched the settings to twice a day and worked good for two days. It’s now 4 days later and I have not received any photos or test photos. When I checked my notifications I got photos from Oct 11 but those photos were not sent to me. I have since switched it back to receiving instant notifications but still not receiving anything.

my batteries are still 100 % according to the status. And the Sd card is set for loop. Is there any suggestions

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Are you switching the settings via the app or on the camera itself? I've had some trouble when switching via the app.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Could be a couple things.
Biggest one is to check the camera in the app and look at the battery, sd space etc. The last icon is a clock with hours or days on it. If has nothing below it or says days in it’s not transmitting at all. Meaning something’s wrong. May have forgot to turn it on, battery dead, etc.

Also if the signal is poor or you have the wrong SD card it will show as updated in the app but you won’t get any pics. On the card they recommend U3 type but I use u1 that is rated 90 mb/s and it’s fine. If you aren’t using a class 10 card and have a 90mb/s transfer rate on the card it most likely won’t transmit to the app.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you switching the settings via the app or on the camera itself? I've had some trouble when switching via the app.
the camera is 3 hrs away and all the settings are done using your phone

I’d contact support. They are pretty good at getting back to you quickly.
I did 2 days ago and got a claim number but no info on a solution. I tried calling them and was hold for 45 minutes before I did the email

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Could be a couple things.
Biggest one is to check the camera in the app and look at the battery, sd space etc. The last icon is a clock with hours or days on it. If has nothing below it or says days in it’s not transmitting at all. Meaning something’s wrong. May have forgot to turn it on, battery dead, etc.

Also if the signal is poor or you have the wrong SD card it will show as updated in the app but you won’t get any pics. On the card they recommend U3 type but I use u1 that is rated 90 mb/s and it’s fine. If you aren’t using a class 10 card and have a 90mb/s transfer rate on the card it most likely won’t transmit to the app.
The battery is 100% according to the app. I have a scan 32gb disk SD card that is class 10. The camera is 3 hrs. Away and it worked for over a week then it stopped sending photos. I have the icon set to take daily test photos but don’t even get them now.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I’m betting battery are dead or something else is not working. It’s not transmitting so only thing you can do is check it out next time. Battery life is probably from the last time it transmitted.
You also didn’t say what transfer rate the card was. If it’s not listed then probably won’t work if the signal isn’t strong.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just tried to contacts Tactacam by phone and the wait time is over 30 minutes to speak to someone so I entered some info about my issue and they reset the camera and if that didn’t work I need to have the camera and contact them. The info I received from Tactacam doing the reset was that the batteries were 100% and the last transmission was Today at 1:40 Am. Still no photos coming to my phone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts