The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new string from Horton for my back up x-bow. I'm not sure an archery shop is going to be too helpful in re-stringing since I didn't buy it from them. Any ideas on how to re-string at home? A makeshift bow press?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
My advice is to take it to a shop that sells/repairs crossbows . many of the pro shop bow presses will not work to relax a crossbow enough to change the string.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
if it is a true archery shop they should do it for you at there shop, for a shop charge reguardless if you bought it there or not....if not then go else where as i would do, if it was me....most places i know you don't need to buy stuff there for them to work on your equipment bought elsewhere.........bob

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
Last year when I needed a string replaced I got arrowhead to do it for me. Of course I did get him to order it in for me. He gave me a heads up when it came in and he did the job. Arrowhead is great to deal with. I'll bet that even if you didn't buy the string from him he would help you out.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, best bet is to find somebody to do it right. The other string isn't DOA yet and it's just a back up bow, so I have time to get it done right... I just wondered, I had seen somewhere that you can use a ratchet strap to change a regular bow string, didn't know if a x-bow might have a similar solution.... But that's a lot of energy in a small space to play around with... lol

·
Registered
18,429 Posts
That's why I like my Excalibur Equinox, I can string/unstring it myself without the need of a bowpress. I just put a Boo Custom string on mine.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
beagler said:
That's why I like my Excalibur Equinox, I can string/unstring it myself without the need of a bowpress. I just put a Boo Custom string on mine.
yeah love my exocet for the ease of doing things on it myself.........bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts