The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a new Shurshot stock for my Remington 870. Does anyone have any experience with one? Found some good reviews online.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have it on a 870? Was it hard to install?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
PSA said:
Do you have it on a 870? Was it hard to install?
They only fit on Remington guns and yes they are as simple to install as removing your old stock...just in reverse...

·
Registered
813 Posts
I love the Sure shot stock! So comfortable to hold and shoot!! This is the 11-87 But you can get the 870 and its the same exact thing.

·
Registered
708 Posts
RedWolf23 said:
I love the Sure shot stock! So comfortable to hold and shoot!! This is the 11-87 But you can get the 870 and its the same exact thing.
The heck with the gun - where did you get that bench???? Thats awesome!!!!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
My friend has one on his 870. I love the concept, however, it lifts my head too high on the gun. It would be perfect for a scoped gun, but right down the rail is impossible. I am a bigger guy, so maybe it's just my fat cheeks:) My friend is a much smaller, but it sits his head just a bit too high also, although he's still managed to whack a few birds with it. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Potter Bound Thank you! I got it at Cypress shop in Clarion but it went out, but Brookville still has one i think. and Rustic Furniture in Kersey, has these too. Sasafras Logs. Funny thing is i only paid like 120.00 for it. not bad for the work someone put into it.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jst bought a set for my 870 in MO camo.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Anyone see a thumb hole stock or pistol type stock for a Mossberg 835?? I thought about getting one a few years ago when I got an injury to my right hand days before turkey season and didn't know if I could open up my hand enough to get around the traditional stock. Never found a stock and my hand loosened up enough to handle the original stock.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I bought my 870 with the ShurShot stock. I loved it the first time I picked one up in a store. I've shot several turkeys with it, and a deer. Mine is scoped with the Leupold 1½ - 4 X 20 NWTF scope (Talley lightweight mounts.)

Steve.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts