The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I like some of the features on that stand. Especially how you can use the buckles to connect the top and bottom.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
This is from the website. Will be looking in to one of these. 12 lbs is great.

Frequently Asked Questions
What are the flexible arms made out of and do they bend? They are made of fiberglass and bend just like bow limbs.

Do the flexible arms touch the tree? Only the tips of the flexible arms touch the tree.

How much seating area do you have between the side rails? The inside diameter of the top frame is 19 inches.

Does the stand come complete for climbing? Yes - this 2 piece climber already assembled from the factory.

How quiet is this stand to set up and use? It is very quiet and easy to set up due to the fact of its quick cable attachment system and that no parts have to be removed or re-assembled to set up.

How does the cable attach to the tree/stand? The cable wraps around the tree and fits into a notch on either side of the stand and a spring pin closes over it.

Is the safety belt provided or purchased separately? Each tree stand is shipped with the safety belt included.

What is the bottom platform size? It is a large 32" x 22" platform.

What is the stand constructed of? The X-Stand is constructed entirely from 60/61 T6 aircraft aluminum.

In what increments is the cable adjustable? Every 5 inches with a stop that fits into the quick release notch.

How are the two pieces attached together to prevent loss of the bottom portion? There is a tether strap that doubles as the back pack strap that connects the two portions together.

Where are your distributors and how do I check one out? X-Stand Treestands primarily ships by direct ordering. However, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your X-Stand you may return it within 30 days and receive your money back less the shipping charges and a 10% restocking fee. Call for more details.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Enjoyed looking at the info on the stand. It certainly is innovative, and an intellegent use of weight. Fits in the light weight niche, and I like the bar in front. Good idea.

It would fit my longer hunting hikes better. And tree stands are a necessity most of the year, in Georgia. Will keep the website handy.

Another reminder why I try to keep in shape.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
tfabarcher35 said:
In what increments is the cable adjustable? Every 5 inches with a stop that fits into the quick release notch.

5 inches is too much. I am often amazed by how much of a differance moving just one notch (about 2 inches) of chain on my API stand makes.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Just watched the video, and my opinion is that it is a piece of crap that hunters wont go for.

First of all, you guys are all correct, the platform is way too small. The reason it is small is because they wanted it to have the shape of an X, thus the name, X-Stand. But in making it have an X, instead of just a normal shape, it gives up way too much foot space.

The flex arms are a gimmick, and there is no real purpose of those arms being flexible.

The stand is bulky, comes all the way down to the back of your knees when on your back...more than twice the size of an API Bowhunter when on the back.

The cables having 5 inch increments is too large.

If that large loop in front of the seat isn't removable, the stand is no good for bowhunting.

The straps to connect the top to bottom are ok.....mine just has a rope which does the job fine. But why strap the top to the bottom under tension. Why not just strap the top to the tree? When the top tilts up, it will fall down. I am sure many of you have noticed this. Straping the top to the tree prevents this.

Also, was mentioned that if the seat leans down, you have to descend and adjust back on the ground. HORRIBLE. I hope they only said that for liabilty purposes. If you can't adjust seat angle in the tree, it is useless.

The API Bowhunter beats this thing hands-down.
OK, just some criticism. That stand will never make it, but that's just my two cents.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
John Henry said:
The stand is bulky, comes all the way down to the back of your knees when on your back...more than twice the size of an API Bowhunter when on the back.

That stand will never make it, but that's just my two cents.
After watching this post for a couple of weeks, I thought I was the only person to notice this. That thing looks HUGE on the guys back.

·
Registered
540 Posts
John Henry said:
The straps to connect the top to bottom are ok.....mine just has a rope which does the job fine. But why strap the top to the bottom under tension. Why not just strap the top to the tree? When the top tilts up, it will fall down. I am sure many of you have noticed this. Straping the top to the tree prevents this.
I agree with everything you said, but this.

I have had an api bowhunter (and may get the new magnum bowhunter) and I have a lone wolf. The lonewolf uses the straps to cinch the top down tight (which I think xstand is using the same concept). Not sure exactly why it works, but the straps do work wonderful.

Last time I had my bowhunter out I put the lonewolf straps on it so I would not need to strap the top to the tree. Worked great for me.

Just my experience.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'll stick with my Summit Broadhead for a climber. I noticed this thing seemed to be noisy. Lots of clicks and metallic sounds when he was adjusting the cables and getting it on the tree. I would end up having electrical tape all over that thing to try and make it quiet.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Sokourner,

I am not so sure we have differant opinions, just differant solutions.

We both agree that a climbing chair will slide if tilted up.

I like the Bowhunter seat being strapped to the tree. Just seems to make more sense than strapping to the bottom and pulling it down.

·
Registered
540 Posts
John Henry said:
Sokourner,

I am not so sure we have differant opinions, just differant solutions.

We both agree that a climbing chair will slide if tilted up.

I like the Bowhunter seat being strapped to the tree. Just seems to make more sense than strapping to the bottom and pulling it down.
I didn't think of it that way.

Do you improvise any way to climb with the bowhunter in a sit and climb fashion?

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
No, I've never tried to sit and climb.

I actually have the handles of the bowhunter in my armpits when I climb, find it easiest for me that way. Plus gives me the longest "stroke" thereby requiring less effort and making less noise while climbing.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
My only problem with the stand is the carrying part of it and the adjustments. I have used the API bowhunter for about 15 years now, its a great stand but its heavy compared to this one. 12 lbs (x-stand)compared to 2O+ lbs (API). I walk some long distances with my stand so that cut in weight could be huge. If they were to come up with more adjustments I would probably buy this stand.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
yeah, the light weight is a great feature of the X stand.

Perhaps API should try to lighten the Bowhunter.

I also think the seat of the Bowhunter would be much more comfortable than the X stand, the way it hugs the body. I fall asleep in mine all the time.

·
Registered
540 Posts
John Henry said:
No, I've never tried to sit and climb.

I actually have the handles of the bowhunter in my armpits when I climb, find it easiest for me that way. Plus gives me the longest "stroke" thereby requiring less effort and making less noise while climbing.
Thanks for the reply. The one thing I do like about the lone wolf is the ability to sit while climbing. It has a bar that folds out of the way. I was hoping someone did something like that to their API stand.

I never kept the bars in my armpits, but it sounds like a good idea. The only problem I had with the API was that when I was between "strokes" and adjusting my harness tether, the top was apt to fall down to the base. Keeping seated while climbing keeps that from happening.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.