The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys here she is! Smith and wesson 629 classic 6 1/2" barrel. Couldn't ask for a better trigger or quality out of the box. I am impressed! :2gunsfiring:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I bought one of these myself about 4 years ago and I love it. It's always on my side during bear and deer season. I even used it to put a finishing shot in a mule deer. Congratulations on a great purchase!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a 629 6inch and a 29 8 3/8s inch with a red dot. Love em. Got the 29 with intent to cut or replace bbl, but after I shot it I couldnt do it. Been looking for a 2 to 3 inch now. Dont get how come the short bbls bring so much more. Enjoy her!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I finally made it to the range yesterday to shoot the 44. I am very happy with how it handles and groups. I do have one small problem... I have what I am hoping is some small powder burns that I am having a lot of trouble removing on the cylinder... Anyone know of a product to remove them easily? I tried a few but they almost appear to be actual burns in the metal??

·
Registered
373 Posts
If your looking for a nice holster for it, check out Galco Dao128MB.
Camo leather holster for use without optics. I just got one for my 4".
Optics Planet has them for $72.00.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I was just looking at the 629 XL Hunter yesterday. I'm thinking that when my bear mount is paid off one might find its way into my safe

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got a holster when I picked it up. I just bought one of them back woods hip holsters. It is all I need and for 20 something dollars.... thanks for the hit on the leather holster tho!
I stopped at Bee's guns on my way home yesterday and picked up a lead cloth....yes, yes, yes! that cloth is amazing. I cut it into smaller pieces for ease of use. I even used it as patches in the barrel. GOOD STUFF....

·
Registered
25,475 Posts
Love mine. M629-2, unfluted cylinder, 6" bbl, Pachmayr Grippers. It loves 200gr XTPs and 22grs of 2400. Had it for about 18 years, now.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Nice gun Trapper
I have two with 6" barrels both of them have been accurate reliable revolvers. Enjoy yours.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts