The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys obviously archery is over now and I'm getting ready for next year. I want a better sight and I really like the React sights from trophy ridge, anybody know if they are worth the money? I honestly don't know if they're on the market yet but on they're website they are advertising it, looks pretty cool

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Archery is over until next year? Really? I thought for sure there wold be people out there with a stick and a string when the smokepole people would be hunting.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Archery is not over yet...still have the late season!

As for sights...spring the extra scratch and go for the Axcel Armortech HD! You will be much happier. The React has weak fibers and they WILL break on u!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Not sure about the React series with the smart pin technology. I just bought a Cypher 5 and there a pretty nice sight. They are definitely light weight with the new Ballistix CoPolymer System and at a fair price.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Look at the Black Gold sights, built like a tank and love the photochromatic fiber cover.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
The React looks like a nice sight. One thing I noticed is the level is in the sight housing instead of below it and I personally like that. I have an Axcel and I love the sight but I don't like the location of the level, but it is rock solid. I have an AXT that I love and you can move the level inside the housing... A couple other s that I like are CBE and Spot Hogg....

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
I had an Axcel and loved it. The adjustments are unmatched by any other sight I have ever used. I bought a .010 pins model for 3D, and it was great. I hunt with a single adjustable pin, the trophy ridge pursuit, and like it just as much as the hha I used to have. If youre looking for a multi pin sight, there really isnt a better one on the market than the axcel armortech. Save yourself some money and get the version without the harmonic damper. Does absolutely nothing anyway. No need for a dovetail sight either when it comes to hunting. The pins are super bright, and the .019 should be perfect for hunting. The .029 are just getting a bit too big for me, and for how fast todays bows are. Pins are close together, and the bigger they are, the more they starburst.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
yep the axcel is a great sight if u had the cash i would go for that for sure....i would have one but i got a great deal on a viper mircotune(which i love), i got it in .010 i really like the smaller pins but i do use a .019 for 20 yds

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I am not a fan of single pin slider sights, I just don't like them. I have an Apex 4 pin on my Assassin and it works, but I would like tool-less windage and elevation adjustment.

I have also been looking at the TR Cypher 5. I also like .019 pins for hunting.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
I was shooting a Viper Predator Microtune when I won the IBO Worlds a few years ago. I absolutely loved that sight, and shot it so well. Had all the fibers swapped out for 3ft .019 green ones, that I didnt melt the ends on, man that thing was awesome. Knocked my bow out of the tree on a late season Wisconsin hunt after killing the buck in my avatar while trying to climb down and drag him under the tree so I could keep hunting. That Viper snapped right off when the bow hit the ground. Drug the buck under the tree, climbed back up, and drilled a doe at 15 yards without a sight. Anchor and shoot. Thats when I bought the armortech, and although I didnt shoot it quite as well as the Viper for some reason, probably because of not all green pins, I won quite a few shoots with it, and the adjustments were far better than the armortech. I recently got a really great deal on a sureloc lethal weapon. That was a pretty awesome sight too. Sold it again not too long ago though. The new lethal weapons are as good as it gets, but $400 just isnt doing it for me...

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
the lethal weapon was on of those those dream sights for me, i love surloc stuff i have a x-press and a older supreme 400 on my apex

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
I too am a huge fan of sureloc products, but that x-press is just a wreck. Moving pegs all around, and all the adjustments to go from bow to bow...Once you've used a last chance press, its like nothing else even exists. I guess it wouldnt be so bad for home use, you could just set it and forget it.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
thats what i normally do with mine set it and forget it, i do work on a few others people bows but its nothing like working at lancaster

·
Super Moderator
12,811 Posts
i have my Viper setup exactly like attackone does... .019 pin on top and .010 for the rest...

amazing how that sight alone shrunk my groups..between the pin setup and being extended..

very well built sight..even though it is more of a target sight, it is rugged..i havent had an issue..

i dont know if i woulda paid full price..think they push near 200$..forget what i paid for mine but it was a steal for a new one i do remember that..only option was black and .010 pins..didnt care about the color..and all i had to do was put in a .019 pin and i was ready to go..

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Another vote for HHA

My dad has a Montana Black Gold. Brightest pins I've ever seen and a lifetime warranty with the best customer service you could ask for.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts