The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a new sight for this year. Anyone have any suggestions?? I am looking and read good things about the "truglo Brite-sight extreme 5 pin" Also does anyone else have this sight? Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well if u want 5 pins cobra makes the new smoke series 3 and 5 in .19 I just put the 3 on my new z7 but if u like the .29 the boomslang by cobra is pretty sweet just suggestions goodluck

·
Registered
987 Posts
I just bought the APEX Axim 4 pin yesterday and I am impressed with it. Seems very durable, tool-less adjustments, and very bright pins.

·
Registered
351 Posts
take a look at toxonics and trophy ridge. i have used both and really like them. they come in 3 and 5 pin. i believe trophy ridge has the pins that decrease in size as the pins go down. its a nice option that will help with accuracy at the longer distances.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I went with Black Gold after reading a bunch of reviews about a bunch of other sights. Awesome CS, American made and quaulity built. I love the photochromatic fiber cover, it really eliminates pin glow in direct sun. The vertical micro- adjust on the pins lets you really dial in.

·
Super Moderator
13,630 Posts
There are several great sight out there which are a long cry from the old metal pins of the past. Which I might add work very well.

I went to a single pin several years ago and like the idea of not have to "Shoot the gaps." Plus the fact it doesn't block out as much as of the view of the animal when aiming....

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Jesber said:
I am looking to get a new sight for this year. Anyone have any suggestions?? I am looking and read good things about the "truglo Brite-sight extreme 5 pin" Also does anyone else have this sight? Thanks guys!!
i used one for 3 years and didnt have a problem at all with them they are a great sight for the money, only reason i got rid of it was because i wanted something that had mirco adjustment

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I've used the Truglo 3 pin sight with the little purple light.

I got the light for the "older eyes" if needed, but I found it great, right off the bat, at my private archery range.

I'd shoot early in the morning, under a heavy canopy of trees, so it was pretty shadowy. With the light, I could easily pick up the target at thirty yards, and hone in on the specific target.

Price is reasonable too.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i love the g5 hybrid sights. speed bow i would say the 1 fixed, 1 floater pin is awesome. good sight picture and tons of features. i like having a set pin i can use to 0-30 and setting my floater to whatever the longest shot i would have to make. if the deer keeps walking in, i can move to the fixed pin without having to touch the sight again. its the best of both worlds. HHA makes a great sight too.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
You can use a lighted sight in Pa. can't you. I sure hope so cause I just put one on the other day. As long as it just lights up the pins and don't cast a light onto target right. I forget what make it is and its after midnight right now so I dson't feel like going out in my shop and checking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts