The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
So tell me why members of the military and law enforcement, who are TRAINED TO KILL, aren't out there shooting up schools???

Oh, that's right, they aren't crazy wackos!

I'm sorry, I just don't blame the movies and games. You don't have to be "trained" to walk up to someone at point blank range and shoot them. He wasn't in a combat situation.

This just proves that evil exists in our world and that we must prepare and protect ourselves from it by any means neccesary.

TraskOutdoors said:
...This just proves that evil exists in our world and that we must prepare and protect ourselves from it by any means neccesary.
Yes, it does.
And while Prevention Pre-Shooting is far, far from 100%, it is a shame that so many appear to abandon that P, simply because it is difficult, costly, unsure and carries no trigger or high-five.
You can close the gates, raise the drawbridge and man the battlements, but you have also accepted the end.
For Evil will never leave those gates on it's own and your ability to fight becomes soley defensive.
Defense is an important factor surely, but limiting and short-sighted long-term.
But, limited and short-sighted long-term is likely unimportant for those who believe that only a couple of years are left to us and we will be whacking and stacking folks on our front lawns soon thru all manner of disasters and tragedys.
In a sad and angled way, it is yet one more example of "get yours, I got mine, stay out"...or, the "Locate, Lease and Lock Up" so common today.
I know one thing...I'm glad I'm 60.
Too many folks in the woods and fields that I no longer recognize.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Traskoutdoors...

Last time i checked they weren't taking kids into the military and law enforcement. And i think you have to be at least reasonably sane...sorry poor example.

Problem is many of you can't see past your own noses..past "your" little part of the world. So you think hey "i'm ok therefore everything is ok"

Let's stop for a minute and rather than get offended because somebody is bad mouthing your favorite joe commando game...let's once again look at the facts...NOT JUST THE VIDEO GAMES!!

Kid had problems....Mom and dad can't get along...kid got more problems..mom and dad split up....more problems...kid slithers through school keeps close to the wall in the hallway..wears the same clothes everyday. Ya think he DIDN"T GET PICKED ON!!.Kid got more problems.come on folks get real. Kid shuts himself in his room play's violent video games...One day another kid brings one to school. Kids are playing it...suddenly this kid comes out of the box. This is something he's really into.
Mom knows this kid got troubles..he's unstable. She tells him she's shipping him off for help. Problem is this boy is NOW 18 YEARS OLD!!!...woa little late people...this kid has already been programed...in rebellion he commits a mass murder.

Not just the video games!!...but this boy's whole life was a recipe for disaster.......problem is there is a awful lot of people in our society using the same recipe....i for one think it's time for a new cookbook.

Anyone who really thinks the world is more violent today than in the past really needs a history lesson.The world is ten times safer now than in the past.Since man first walked the earth there have been people willing to kill others for no reason at all and there always will be. Man is flawed plain and simple.

OldDublin said:
And while Prevention Pre-Shooting is far, far from 100%, it is a shame that so many appear to abandon that P, simply because it is difficult, costly, unsure and carries no trigger or high-five.
You can close the gates, raise the drawbridge and man the battlements, but you have also accepted the end.
For Evil will never leave those gates on it's own and your ability to fight becomes soley defensive.
Defense is an important factor surely, but limiting and short-sighted long-term.
But, limited and short-sighted long-term is likely unimportant for those who believe that only a couple of years are left to us and we will be whacking and stacking folks on our front lawns soon thru all manner of disasters and tragedys.
In a sad and angled way, it is yet one more example of "get yours, I got mine, stay out"...or, the "Locate, Lease and Lock Up" so common today.
I know one thing...I'm glad I'm 60.
Too many folks in the woods and fields that I no longer recognize.
Very good, but sad, view of what our sport, and society in general, has become. Although you won't find many in agreement here.
Greed and paranoia have always been a part of our society, but it has become rampant the last few years. I have an idea why but my rational brain refuses to go there.

Jerry

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.