The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

new shooting details

4K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  JerrySS 
#1 ·
read this

http://news.yahoo.com/week-school-massacre-details-emerge-221307184.html

couple things stand out to me.

People new this boy was odd. His mother also was fully aware.

This boy spent much of his time in the basement of there home..Which had a big flatscreen TV and an "elaborate set-up for video games".

When the boy was in school.
"Someone in the class brought in a video game called "Counter-Strike," a first-person shooting video game in which players compete against each other as either terrorists or counter-terrorists, Frost said.
Lanza "seemed pretty interested in the game," Frost recalled, and would play it with other students. He remembers the weapons Lanza chose: an M4 military-style assault rifle and a Glock handgun."

His mother waited till after the boy was 18 to seek help for him.

This could have been prevented.

Everyone will scream and protest that most kids are not effected by our modern violent perverted society..and although many are not.....Here is one that it did.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #9 ·
The kid was a nutcase..no doubt his mom new it and others as well.
And as far as violent video games and TV show's, movies ect....sorry folks i didn't realize it was such a wholesome family activity. let's just all sit down and pretend we are mass killers complete with all the blood and gore...Yes i can see now our society is so much better off now that we have these things in our homes.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
And lets take these games into our schools so all our kids can pretend to be mass murderers...We have come a long way from the playing cowboy and indian..lone ranger...It's soooooo much better now.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
why is it everyone starts jumping to conclusions?...who said anything about blaming video games?

The kid was nuts...He was into the games he played..did it cause him to go over the deep end? who knows...did it help him ? did it benefit him in any way?...does that kind of stuff really benefit anyone? Give me a break. i'm not buying it..violence even if it's pretending is a good thing?...lol....don't matter how thin ya slice it....it's still bolonga

Discussion starter · #17 ·
bologna just like all the rest of the...sex, violence, and other crap that plagues todays society.

and if there so harmless why must they put ratings on them.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Traskoutdoors...

Last time i checked they weren't taking kids into the military and law enforcement. And i think you have to be at least reasonably sane...sorry poor example.

Problem is many of you can't see past your own noses..past "your" little part of the world. So you think hey "i'm ok therefore everything is ok"

Let's stop for a minute and rather than get offended because somebody is bad mouthing your favorite joe commando game...let's once again look at the facts...NOT JUST THE VIDEO GAMES!!

Kid had problems....Mom and dad can't get along...kid got more problems..mom and dad split up....more problems...kid slithers through school keeps close to the wall in the hallway..wears the same clothes everyday. Ya think he DIDN"T GET PICKED ON!!.Kid got more problems.come on folks get real. Kid shuts himself in his room play's violent video games...One day another kid brings one to school. Kids are playing it...suddenly this kid comes out of the box. This is something he's really into.
Mom knows this kid got troubles..he's unstable. She tells him she's shipping him off for help. Problem is this boy is NOW 18 YEARS OLD!!!...woa little late people...this kid has already been programed...in rebellion he commits a mass murder.

Not just the video games!!...but this boy's whole life was a recipe for disaster.......problem is there is a awful lot of people in our society using the same recipe....i for one think it's time for a new cookbook.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.