The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any scope suggestions would like it to be under a hundred bucks durable preferably waterproof and

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
sightron S1 3x9x40MM
I have one on a 30-06 mil -dot clear optic I would rate it one step up from the banner line
they run around 119.00 on flea bay new
made in japan lifetime warranty no question asked
The company come out of N.C.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I've had good luck with Bushnell Banners, they can be had for under $100.00. I also have a few of the Bushnell Trophey XLT's. They are great scopes for around $125.00. I think Cabelas might even be running them on special for $119.00 now. Includes rings and scope covers.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
If you must go cheap with a scope go with a new Redfield ( made by Leupold) Or a Leupold Rifleman

·
Registered
335 Posts
Buckshot1822 said:
If you must go cheap with a scope go with a new Redfield ( made by Leupold) Or a Leupold Rifleman
Those scopes starts at around $200 - sale price...

I abandoned those cheap scopes a number of years due to the fact that when you only have a couple of days per a year to hunt - you do not want to trust your hunt to cheap optic's.

I would never buy a used scope - due to the fact that you never know what you are getting.

Bushnell Banner is a good cheap scope - not a great scope - but adequate. It would all depend on which rifle I was going to put it on. I would not mount one on a magnum type rifle.

The cheapest scope I would consider buying would be a Bushnell Elite 3200 3x9x40

http://www.gricegunshop.com/specials/PDFs/10.19.10/2010-hunting-season.pdf

Here is a sale flier for you to look at.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
i'm not at all unhappy with the Hawke i just got off of E.Arthur Brown (eabco.com)

paid 59 bucks for a 3-10x50 and it's clear as a bell

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Natchez has the Redfield 3-9x40 for 150 and 2-7x33 for 130

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I have a Bushnell trohy that has been ok. I would stay away from the Banner series, I own one, and wish it would be a better model. I also own an Aetec that I have had so/so luck wiht.

Now I usually save a few more dollars and get a Leupold VX-I (at the minimum) or maybe a Nikon ProStaff. I think the newer Redfeilds would probably be good.

Also got to laugh - the rifle is only as good as the scope - someone will have a $300 - $400 rifle and want a $75 dollar scope. I think I would rather have a $300 scope and a $100 rifle.

If you are seriously on a budget for a scope - the minimum I would suggest is a new Redfield or a Nikon Prostaff

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well guys I decided to go with the bushnell trophy with the DOA 600 reticle i really really like it

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Andy1 said:
I have a Bushnell trohy that has been ok. I would stay away from the Banner series, I own one, and wish it would be a better model. I also own an Aetec that I have had so/so luck wiht.

Now I usually save a few more dollars and get a Leupold VX-I (at the minimum) or maybe a Nikon ProStaff. I think the newer Redfeilds would probably be good.

Also got to laugh - the rifle is only as good as the scope - someone will have a $300 - $400 rifle and want a $75 dollar scope. I think I would rather have a $300 scope and a $100 rifle.

If you are seriously on a budget for a scope - the minimum I would suggest is a new Redfield or a Nikon Prostaff
The local gunshop has a Savage 110 BA in 338 Lapua ($1700 +/- rifle) that a gentleman ordered. The guy had him put a new $100 Tasco on it. Just ridiculous!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Cabelas has Nikon Prostaff on sale. I got a 2-7x32 for $95 (Reg $139) for my shotgun. They also had other sizes on sale at same price. The scope got great user reviews. I sighted my shotgun in on Sat with 5 rds.

nikon prostaff

They had plenty in-store when I was there last Sat (11/13)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts