The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new LCP .380 yesterday. I got a great deal with no sales tax, so I brought one home with me.

Ive never shot a .380 before, I was surprised at the punch this little guy has.

Seems like a pretty good shooter for what it is.

Anyone else have any experience with these little guys?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I have a kel-tec p3at .380 They are pretty much the same gun besides the brand. If you have bigger hands, they can get a little painful to shoot. They do have a nice little punch to them. I carry mine in a pocket holster and it conceals in just about any clothing including dress slacks. If you haven't already add a "clip draw" to it. Cost is about $15 and it makes it nice if you want to throw it in the waist band of light shorts. I keep meaning to get a pierce magazine extention to add to the grip length and make it a little easier to hold. Both the kel-tec and ruger LCP are great little guns for a reasonable price. You will be happy with it. PS: Make sure to clean it after you shoot it and occasionally if you are just carrying. I found they don't like to run smooth if they are dirty or have picked up a lot of pocket lint.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I have a Sig Sauer P238, You can shoot it all day. Granted it has a full metal frame and is a bit heavier than the LCP, it really is a pleasure to shoot the thing and it's great because the sights are much more functional than with the Keltecs and LCP's.

My buddy has an LCP and for such a small load it really leaves your hand stinging.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I have an LCP. Nice warm/hot weather carry gun. You can forget it's even there. Only problem can be finding ammo...

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It definitely stings the hand a bit. I have almost 50 rounds thru it. Figure I'll finish off the box and give 'er a good cleaning.

Its pretty accurate. It might shoot just a little low, but thats acceptable.

Overall Im happy with it...

·
Registered
769 Posts
the LCP and Kel tec are both made to be carried and not shot. they lay flat for carry and work when you pull the trigger. but they are not very nice to shoot, I describe them as holding a 1X2. the good thing is you don't want to shoot them much anyway so the recoil and lack of ammo is not a real issue. You will love carrying that gun. I bought my Keltec a few years back and I carry it almost every day.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I've got the LCP also, it's a great shooting gun for how small it is. I didn't really think the recoil was bad at all. The accuracy of that little gun is what impressed me.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
You'll need at least 200rds thru it to break it in. Then at least 25 of your carry ammo to make sure it cycles. My P3AT has been reliable once broken in, but before 200rds it liked to jam.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I own the Kel-Tec and carry it concealed quite a bit. Perfect function on mine. 7 rounds of 90 grain hydroshocks are usually good for me..

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a box of 50 thru it and no jams. I havent shot the carry ammo yet.

I need to find a holster for it. pocket, hip, inside hip...etc......not sure what to get

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have a LCP and like the gun, ammo is expensive and can be hard to find. looking to buy a kel tec pf9, 9MM ammo is cheaper and a lot easier to find.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Aceman you get that at Sportsmans?

I bought one there last year, same deal. I have a S&W M&P 40 but its a little bulky to carry all the time so I picked up the LCP 380.

I got a pocket holster for it and you can forget its back there, really comfortable.

I havent had any jams in it yet. The only problem I have is sometimes when you pull the slide back it wont catch the shell

1 - 16 of 16 Posts