The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my birthday a few days ago, so decided to get myself a present. Got a new rimfire rifle. Picked up a CZ 513 basic. Not a bad gun for under $300. Some minor issues with the stock, and yes, the trigger pull is rather heavy, but all in all I'm satisfied. Put a Leupold VX1 in 2-7x33 on it. Had some trouble finding 11mm dovetail scope rings, had to order them, but thats not much of an issue. Got everything mounted and went out to Wexford yesterday evening to sight it in.
The gun-

25 Yards, Bench and offhand

50 Yards, Bench and offhand

100 Yards, Bench. This is the one that suprised me, you can see the two seperate 3 shot groups. Not bad for a basic model 22. I was trying to hold off for elevation without knowing bullet drop, hence the low groups.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Got the same one, shoots good. Just a FYI, you can buy the CZ adjustable trigger and it will fit in this gun. I think it's the 452 model trigger. Numrich gun parts. I'll probably put one in mine soon, or rather I'll have the 'smith do it.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
While having never owned one I hear that they are great rifles. If you're too unhappy with the trigger I believe there's an easy fix for it. Hop over to RimfireCentral.com and look under the CZ topics.

Muab Dib

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Davy Crockett said:
Got the same one, shoots good. Just a FYI, you can buy the CZ adjustable trigger and it will fit in this gun. I think it's the 452 model trigger. Numrich gun parts. I'll probably put one in mine soon, or rather I'll have the 'smith do it.
That would make sense, the 513 is the 452 with a different stock wood, cheaper sights and a non-adjustable trigger. Thanks for the info! I'll have it done by a smith as wel, I'm glad that option is out there.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've read on other forums that the 513 Basics won't accept triggers designed for the 452.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Im almost positive that it wont...............probably the only way to make it better is to stone the sear, and swap out the spring......or clip coils....

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Buckshot1822 said:
Im almost positive that it wont...............probably the only way to make it better is to stone the sear, and swap out the spring......or clip coils....
Thats what I was reading. I hear theres a gunsmith up in economy thats pretty good. If I decide the trigger is a big enough problem I see if they'd be willing to polish the trigger/hammer connection and maybe do some work on the spring.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
SonofZ3,

Where do you live? I'm about 5 minutes from the Game Lands in Wexford. Might be nice to get together and shoot sometime.

Nice groupings from the rifle btw.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WexfordBowhunter said:
SonofZ3,

Where do you live? I'm about 5 minutes from the Game Lands in Wexford. Might be nice to get together and shoot sometime.

Nice groupings from the rifle btw.
Sure!

I'm just down 79 in Robinson by the Crafton/Moon Run exit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts