The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after the past several years of carrying my raging bull 454 I became increasingly unhappy with the holster arrangement that I was using.......I was using an Uncle Mikes sidekick vertical shoulder holster........it was a pain to take on and off, and I never could quite get comfortable wearing it, not to mention chasing a rolling revolver down the river hillside.........so, off on the search for a new holster I went, and here is what I ended up with...

Its called the guides choice holster and it is made by David Johnston in Alaska........I am nothing but pleased with the fit, comfort and quality of this holster...I would reccomend one to anyone who is tired of the one size fits all cordura junk..........it did cost a bit of money but IMO money well spent......here it is...

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Wow nice rig - I checked out the website and really like them, they do not mention price or turn time. Do you care sharing either or both? If not, its cool!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cost was $155.....I wanted the 5 shot reload also which was an extra $25...................he had a holster for this gun in stock, so there was no turn around time, I ordered it friday and it was in the mailbox today....

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, it is a snug fit in the holster...........and it doesnt flop around hardly at all so I believe it would be nice and secure either way............but why not use the hammer strap?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Looks like a nice rig. I bought a similar rig from pistolpackaging.com called the bandito belt for my scoped contender with 10" barrel. I have never used it, as I went the sling route instead. Am getting ready to put it on ebay.

·
Registered
769 Posts
flyfisher , I have the same rig. I never liked the shoulder part. It seems to dig in and ride funny. I however love the holster on my belt. I carry a Ruger super blackhawk 7.5'' in it. I tried one for my S&WW 629 but it really was no good for it. those holsters seem to work very well with single action but not double.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts