The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished my new to me 99 ram. I wanted a new truck but I'm not a big fan of payments so I made this one as new as I could. It was a pretty big p.o.s when I got it but I took it down to the bare frame and started from there. Replaced the cab corners, 2 new fenders, 1 new door, cut out all the rust and welded in new, pulled out all the dents and sprayed her with 2 coats of olive drab raptor liner. Ground and wire wheeled all the rust off of the frame, axles, and suspension and replaced just about every bolt and painted it all with chassis saver. Put on a 2.5 inch lift with some new wheels and 33 inch mud terrains. All new shocks, all new stainless brake lines. Some long tube headers and full 3 inch exhaust.

·
4,229 Posts
Looks good, could you come do all that same stuff to my '97 Ram now?!?!?!

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
looks good man. I really wanted a truck, but with having a kid, and having one on the way I had to settle for an suv. Plus the gas mileage would be worth a whole other payment.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
cm20 said:
Finally finished my new to me 99 ram. I wanted a new truck but I'm not a big fan of payments so I made this one as new as I could. It was a pretty big p.o.s when I got it but I took it down to the bare frame and started from there. Replaced the cab corners, 2 new fenders, 1 new door, cut out all the rust and welded in new, pulled out all the dents and sprayed her with 2 coats of olive drab raptor liner. Ground and wire wheeled all the rust off of the frame, axles, and suspension and replaced just about every bolt and painted it all with chassis saver. Put on a 2.5 inch lift with some new wheels and 33 inch mud terrains. All new shocks, all new stainless brake lines. Some long tube headers and full 3 inch exhaust.
That a boy! There's something special when you basically rebuild your own vehicle.
Have you done anything to the motor? How about locking rears?
Great job!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No motors still original, I will upgrade things as they wear out. My lead foot tends to speed up that process.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts