The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with the escape totaled i decided i would get out of debt a little bit. I picked up an 04 liberty with 111,000 miles for 4500 bucks. I really like it so far and have taken her in the woods a few times.

I am putting a 2" lift and will be adding some jeep rubicon wheels and tires. I need the 2.5" lift to clear the 245/75/r16 tires that are coming on the rims. I am getting a good deal on the wheels and tires. (5) total with good year wrangler tires in decent shape. It is cheaper for me to go that rout than to pu 4 brand new tires on it. Plus it is going to look awesome when it is done.

Here are the before pics. I know I will take heat for the spacer lift but I am not able to buy 2 sets of tires and a good lift. THis will just be to get me by for now.

·
Registered
20,571 Posts
My dad had a Liberty around that time. Nicest car he owned since his 66 Pontiac.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Looks like the pup gives his approval and wants to go for a ride!! Congrats on all the above (debt management and new ride).
Not sure this is right place. How is the family? They got to be keeping you busy!!!!

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are doing well. Corbin is an outdoor maniac and is going to be just like his dad. The twins are almost 6 months now and getting big quick. Heaven Help me when all 3 are mobile.

·
Super Moderator
12,790 Posts
Like the Jeeps... I have one for my wife, one for me and one for hunting.....Enjoy yours....Looks great I like black very much, but they are so very hard to keep clean.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well guys I am chalking last night up as a success, at least for my ability anyway.

I got the jeep up on jack stand and wheels removed

both shock bolts removed

dropped the axle to take out the center nut that goes to A arm, but could not find a socket to match the bolt I sought out some help from a facebook group and had a guy give me some valuable insight that I didn't need to take that bolt out. I was just following along with a you tube video of the same lift on a liberty.

I got the air box and such removed and out of the way, and have all of the strut bolts accessible on the passenger side

removed the battery, battery box, and fuse panel.

After checking the facebook post I gave the drivers side rear a go and got it all installed. I put the shock back on and took a pic to put on the facebook post and realized I forgot to put the boot on.

I called it a night after that and will be back on it tomorrow. Hoping to pick up the Rubicon rims and tires tonight if the guy is available.

Thanks for all of the insight. Here are a few photos of the "Project Libercon"

air filter box removed

battery, fuse panel, and box removed

Here was that bolt that was giving me issues. Just have to put the nut back on and go from there.

Here is the passenger side complete minus the shock boot.

Here is me having a local Pennsyvania brew with my Lab

My buddy is a certified mechanic and is helping with the rest tonight. I really want to do all of the work by myself and have him guide me. I have a case of Straub in the beer fridge ready to go. If I get the tires today the lift and tire project should be done this weekend, minus the alignment.

I put penetrating oil on all of the bolts and such, put the rear axle on jack stands, and removed the jacks.

Plans for tonight are:

putting shock boot on drivers side

installing rear lift on passenger side

Install front lift on both sides

Folding pinch weld for tire clearance

"IF I get tires today" putting the tires on.

I stole this off line but this is what she should look like when It is done.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

had to get the pse license plate to match my red and black theme. It is also the theme on my compound

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sweet. Now you need to wheel the [censored] out of it!! There's a 4x4 club in windber that has a few events a year. I usually go and bounce through the woods and over rocks with the jeep guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts