The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying a vital gear Kazaway drop away rest. Looking for serious input. People are saying not to get this rest. But some say its a great rest? Looking for answers about it? Wat should a do?

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
I have never been a big fan of anything by vital bow gear. I have heard some bad things about this rest. My suggestion to you would be to go with something that has stood the test of time, and that pretty much everyone loves. For example...trophy taker pronghorn, G5 expert II, vapor trail limb driver, QAD Ultra Rest are some of the best ever. I have shot all 4 in the past, and loved all of them. I am currently shooting a limb driver.

·
Registered
475 Posts
i'm new to archery hunting this season . i fitted my bow with this rest and i like it. especially the fact it holds my arrow in place. i haven't had any problems with it's preformance,and it's made in the u.s.a.
shootbowtech
what did you hear bad about the rest, i'd like to know ? thanks

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Just seen some tuning and setup problems with certain bows. Lots of moving parts, and there is an external spring that seems to break every now and then. it is a solid rest, not a bad choice, but I personally think there are better choices for less money.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I had one put on my 09 Reezen and I love it so far. Very fast drop. I couldnt get the qad to work with my bow it wouldnt drop fast enough. The tech at my shop reccomended the vital to me. It is a containment rest but you can knock the arrow off pretty easy by hittin the arrow on stuff..I love it so far. Time will tell..

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I've had 2 vital gear rests and didn't like either of them. I had issues with the containment/capture arms, parts coming loose, and fletch contact issues. I still have one on a hoyt lasertech but I have removed the capture arms to eliminate the issues I was having and although it works fine it does not contain the arrow so I have to be careful of what angle I hold the bow on and be sure I don't pull the arrow off the rest when drawing. I prefer the QAD, ripcord, and trophy taker rests over the vbg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts