The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are the new Redfield scopes? Recently bought a Winchester Model 70 fitted with a new Redfield scope, just wondering how they seem to hold up and if anybody has hunted with one?

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
The Redfield Revolution is a good one. I think the rest of the line is made overseas and does not carry the great Leupold warranty.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have a redfield revelution 4-12x40 on my browning 300 win mag. I think the scope is darn good for the price. Took some ground hogs at 300 yds with it and a buck last year in potter co. During my drag out the sling slipped off my shoulder and the rifle landed on a large rock right on the scopes elevation turret with a nasty thump sound. Took it to the range a week after the season and no problems i would by another. But you can get an entry level leupold for just a little more

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
SonicHog said:
I have a redfield revelution 4-12x40 on my browning 300 win mag. I think the scope is darn good for the price. Took some ground hogs at 300 yds with it and a buck last year in potter co. During my drag out the sling slipped off my shoulder and the rifle landed on a large rock right on the scopes elevation turret with a nasty thump sound. Took it to the range a week after the season and no problems i would by another. But you can get an entry level leupold for just a little more
In my opinion the Redfield is clearly the better scope and value for the following reasons.

Both models listed with plex reticle

Rifleman $219.99
Lenses, Fully coated
.5 Friction Adj

Revolution $199.99
Lenses, Multicoated
.25 Accu-Trac clicl Adj

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
RobOz said:
The Redfield Revolution is a good one. I think the rest of the line is made overseas and does not carry the great Leupold warranty.
Both the Revolution and Revenge have a lifetime repair/replace warranty even if its not the original owner.

Bill

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool guys, good to know I shouldn't have much to worry about!

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Revolution is a good scope.
It is made at the Leupold plant in Oregon.

As best as I can tell, it is a VX1 with Redfield label.
I've asked at several gun shops. No one can tell me differently.

It is cheaper than a VX1.

I like my 3-9x40 very well. Have had it on a 7600 30-06 for many years. Holds zero. Clear in the woods.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally got out to shoot some chucks with this gun and scope combo. Forgot to mention it is a .270, let me just say WOW I can't wait for deer season. I was 4/4 on chucks tonight, 2 were from kneeling at about 40 and 50 yards, one was offhand about 30 yards and one was with a poor rest at 65 yards or so. What a nice combo I ended up with

·
Super Moderator
27,476 Posts
Good luck with it!

I'm thinking of picking up a Revolution for my 7mm-08. Probably the 3-9x40. Already have a Leupold with a 50mm objective and illuminated reticle on my Ruger .308 for hunting pigs here at night, so I'm looking to put something on the other one, without the added costs.

·
Super Moderator
27,476 Posts
octagon said:
Do they make the Revolution with a Blued finish?
I just looked at each model on the Redfield site. It seems they only come with a matte finish. Didn't see any in gloss finish listed.

I'm cool with the matte finish since the gun I'd be putting it on is a Marlin X7 with a dull black synthetic stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts