The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a PSE kingfisher recurve 50# draw. Its got a machined aluminum riser tapped for sights rest ect. Iv got a flipper rest that it came with. I was thinking about a whisker bisket rest and some sort of fiber optic sight, I also need silencers and everthing eles. im using it this summer for bow fishing and I want to target shoot and possibly hunt deer with it. Iv read of guys using 200-300 gr brodheads? I also have a horton crossbow and wanted a recurve so if I was hunting deer from a blind I would use that.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Check out the SRF Sighting System at 3 Rivers Archery. Ity may ot be compatable with your bow and fishing setup but it's worth a look see.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Whisker bisket wont work unless you shoot with a release...too much paradox with a finger release. If you want to use a rest for target or hunting, the flipper rest will work fine. I have a roller rest on my Kingfisher but it's set up strictly for bowfishing

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what I have a pse kingfisher. I plan to get a mechanical release, only because I like them, how many fish have you shot with it? I went out the other day and missed a big carp but it was soo muddy you couldnt hardly find them in a small pond wich was loaded with carp.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've killed quite a few carp with mine but I'm really not too crazy about the bow. I think the grip [censored]. Some tennis racket tape made it a little better. The limbs just don't seem to have any "snap" to them. I might just use one of my longbows that's tapped for the retriever or one of my recurves and dedicate that to a bowfishing rig.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts