The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like them or not, Ravin continues to turn the crossbow world upside down. 18 inches long. 4 inches wide. Can be taken down. 330fps.

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cool... But I think that 330fps is gonna have hard time selling when the new norm seems to be 400fps+.
The R18 would be a backpack and traveling hunters dream at only 18 inches long and 4 inches wide, plus can be taken down. 330fps is right there with many compound bows. Time will tell if it catches on. I know one thing, I am not a fan of crossbows over 400fps for many reasons.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The R18 would be a backpack and traveling hunters dream at only 18 inches long and 4 inches wide, plus can be taken down. 330fps is right there with many compound bows. Time will tell if it catches on. I know one thing, I am not a fan of crossbows over 400fps for many reasons.
I very much agree with you and I love packing light. But I also believe speed sells. The R26 is also a dream bow for backpack and wondering hunters that offers close to 400fps if I remember correctly. I just don't think the 330fps is on target with majority of crossbow hunters wants.

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just don't think the 330fps is on target with majority of crossbow hunters wants.
The people that have the cash to purchase the higher end crossbows certainly like speed. For them, it may be a tough sell for sure.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I guess the smaller ya go, the heavier you become.
Hard to believe. Maybe we will walk with a 15 pound brick that shoots darts one day. LOL
Or thought controlled release.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I would like to see a video of this firing. Is anyone able to find one? This would be good for slow bumping pushes. Almost like a cross bow pistol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts