The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my fourth archery range finder. The first from the 80's is the type one had to make adjustment to line up two lines in order to get the distance. It worked just fine but took some time to use. The second one from the 90's worked great, but it is the size of a large cantaloupe.

My third one a Bushnell from early 2000's is in line with todays models and performed very well until this fall when it retired it's self. So I talked Santa and he is bring a new 1700 Bushnell for Christmas.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Vortex the best warranty in the business

·
Registered
286 Posts
I got a vortex ranger 1300 and I love it , it reads in red for low light conditions

Reactions: blackpowder

·
Super Moderator
12,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Bushnell arrived today in put it under tree FROM: Santa.....What can the wife say????

·
Registered
11,124 Posts
My Bushnell arrived today in put it under tree FROM: Santa.....What can the wife say????
She could ask......who's Santa? :smile_big:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Don't buy a Leopold as no warranty on a range finder!!

My brother in law learned the hard way....they offered a $150 coupon to buy another that is not warranted......so I bought a vortex after hearing that...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I recently bought a pair of Sig Sauer Kilo3000 rangefinding binoculars. I got tired of carrying both binos and a rangefinder. They were expensive, but they are amazing!

·
Super Moderator
12,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't buy a Leopold as no warranty on a range finder!!

My brother in law learned the hard way....they offered a $150 coupon to buy another that is not warranted......so I bought a vortex after hearing that...
Really? From the Leupold site:

Leupold electronic products which include rangefinders, thermal products, and other electronic devices are warrantied against defects in materials and workmanship for two-years from the date of purchase. If the product is found to be defective, Leupold & Stevens Inc. will repair or replace it free of charge, within that two-year period. Proof of purchase may be required to verify warranty.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Ordered my fourth archery range finder. The first from the 80's is the type one had to make adjustment to line up two lines in order to get the distance.
I had one...a Coleman. Worked good, but more of a tool to pre-measure and mark spots. Not ideal for ranging actual game. As you said, they took too long.

My current range finder sounds like your third. Mine is still going strong.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It's all in the optics. Leica is one of the best on the market. Glass is light years ahead of any range finder listed in this thread. Including Leupold. And I'm a diehard Leupold fan.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Anything with the Leica name is going to be top notch...they make no bad products. Better dig deep in those pockets, tho. The 800 isn't tooo expensive.

·
Registered
11,124 Posts
It's all in the optics. Leica is one of the best on the market. Glass is light years ahead of any range finder listed in this thread. Including Leupold. And I'm a diehard Leupold fan.
They are clear!

I had an LR-800 that I just gave to my son. It has been in constant use since I bought it when they first came out. (How many years ago was that?) Never an issue.

I picked up a new CRF-2000B because of the size and weight advantage over the LR-800. I do think they are worth the extra money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts