The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Very nice looking pup! Good luck with him. It looks like he's got some very good style already.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Nicely put together pup, is he out of Dr. Bosers's breeding. Looks like he will be a good size dog.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Now the fun begins!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Oh man...does that little guy bring back memories! Your going to have some good bird work in Bradford County. Hey, give that little guy a hug from me!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FLDBRED said:
Oh man...does that little guy bring back memories! Your going to have some good bird work in Bradford County. Hey, give that little guy a hug from me!
I sure hope so. I will try but those little teeth are sharp.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Great looking pup. I used to have a Boykin spaniel and love the smaller red/liver colored bird dogs. What kennel did you get him from?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Caiden Creek said:
FLDBRED said:
I sure hope so. I will try but those little teeth are sharp.
You will, there's a good grouse population, decent woodcock, and have you checked the allocation of released pheasants for Bradford County!! There's even some hold overs with all the farms going out of production. Good luck with that little guy and enjoy every minute of it,it goes way to fast!

·
Registered
12,731 Posts
Beutifull Pup!! I have a question please. What is a Red Setter? I know Enlish Setters, Irish Setters and such but not sure of a Red Setter. They have me intrigued for sure
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
That's a long story, but in short, the Irish Setter hunting abilities were starting to diminish, so they wanted to add some English Setter blood lines, these "new" Setters were then registered as Red Setters. Most "not all" Irish Setters you see today are of show quality and not field bred.

·
Registered
12,731 Posts
FLDBRED said:
That's a long story, but in short, the Irish Setter hunting abilities were starting to diminish, so they wanted to add some English Setter blood lines, these "new" Setters were then registered as Red Setters. Most "not all" Irish Setters you see today are of show quality and not field bred.
Ok, I see now. I also saw a show that showed irish setters of old were small and white/orange in color and were then bread to be red and larger in time. Some preist in Ireland saved the original line. I love both irish and english setters and may check out red setters now. Does anyone know where the breeders are and how much an average $$$$$$ red setter costs? Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Acually they are all regisrered as irish setter. The red setter name mainly refers to the field trial lines of irish setter.
There are a few different breeders in pa. Look up the National Red Setter Field Trial Club.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts