The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to create a destination plot inside a large weed field at home. Using a yard mower and an aerator from Clist , first I mowed and rounded up what was left, a few days later tilled it up with aerator and put down 10# forage oats and 5# Ladino. Oats came in well, as well as milkweed. Let it get to seed, didnt seem eaten to any extent, so I mowed it again and re tillled with more clover for fall.
This rain should kick it off.

Attachments

Reactions: cspot

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Updated, over seeded with clover a few weeks back and weed wacked the ---- milkweed off.
They like it. Now to get Pop on it when the wind is right!

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another buck taken on the plot, weeds were a real problem this year, but there is still some food in it as well as an open clearing in the thorns.
Taken by my buddy, 10/18

Attachments

Reactions: OAWC

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New plot 5c part 2

Winter mowed a second clearing in the thorn and regenerating field. Relocated some ceaders to create a barrier from the road side. Planning to lyme next.

Attachments

Reactions: OAWC

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So with little else happening right now, I will continue this thread with updates to entertain the handful of people still using this site.
I bought a spring harrow from FB market for 25 dollars , to break up the ground for better soil contact.
Worked well on its test run, broke a tine off, but its 100 years old...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
That's a heck of a $25 find! Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like it shined up pretty nice!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts