The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of these vanes you just slip on the back of the arrow and they work like shrink wrap for electrical tubing. I just put 6 on my arrows and I like them a lot. Got the two inch vanes. Never heard much pro and con about them. Anyone using them?

·
4,258 Posts
I put the nap ones on a couple of years ago. I like them. They were easy to put on and the shoot nice too. Mine we only 2" vanes though. The white wrap also made them easier for me ot see.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about these vanes and I plan to use them myself. The only problem I saw was that you need to make absolutely certain that the shafts are free of the old adhesive, because the shrinking vanes magnify the residue significantly and leaves wrinkes.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
gstiegeljr said:
I've heard nothing but good things about these vanes and I plan to use them myself. The only problem I saw was that you need to make absolutely certain that the shafts are free of the old adhesive, because the shrinking vanes magnify the residue significantly and leaves wrinkes.
And the water must be boiling!
+2

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
In archery, the only shrink wrap I've ever used is to put tubing on the prong rest (90's) to quiet them when you shot the aluminum arrows.

Boiling water I use making tea or coffee.

Never learned anything beyond using glue to stick the plastic vanes firmly on the arrows. Now that's been working for twenty years. And I got real good at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts