The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all Iam new to photography ,so I just thought I would share a few pics I took this summer. Let me know what you think or what needs worked on

·
Registered
853 Posts
Seem to be doing good with depth of field and motion with those. The horse picture looks really neat; how comes it is not as large as the rest? Pictures all look good to me.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JD3 said:
Seem to be doing good with depth of field and motion with those. The horse picture looks really neat; how comes it is not as large as the rest? Pictures all look good to me.
I think I fixed the problem with the size of the horse pic.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
geesekiller said:
What are you camera are you using and what lens? What setting did you use?

I like number 2 the best.
I have an Olympus e500 the lens is a 40-150 I did not keep track of the settings on thhe camera should I be doing that.

Also Thanks To everyone For all the nice comments on the photos my fav is also the sea gull I love the horse pic but the Gull has much more visible detail. Thanks again
Tom

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
They look great

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Very well done.

The sea gull and ponies are well done. Depth of field is a bit shallow on the rabbit and the first shore bird.

I'd start making brief notes of your settings (mainly aperture, shutter speed, white balance, ISO, and saturation) to see what works under different lighting conditions. I think this is the best way to get good results. However, don't get too caught up in all numbers.

For me, the best approach is to experiment, be creative, photo what looks good to you, and focus on lighting. And remember two things: your camera has nothing to do with taking good photographs, and a great shot is one that looks good to you - ignore the critics.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Your pictures are very good and yes you should try to remember your camera settings. My Canon records all the settings right along with the image so your Sony probably does it also. The big thing in wildlife photography is getting the subject sharp and isolating the subject in the image. On bird pictures it's all about getting the eyes in focus because if they are blurred the image is a waste.

Egret

Snow Lepoard

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Tom,

It take time like anything else just keep at it you doing a great job. There times where I may take 100 photos but only 1 or 2 come out good. So try in take as many shots as you can.

If you have any question just ask their a few guys on here the shoot DSLR.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts