The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about buying a nice pair of camo pants in the off season and have it down to First Lite Kanab 2, Sitka Ascent, and Kuiu Attack.

I have first lite base stuff that i bought based on scent control properties of merino as these are mostly for archery, but can see some action during rifle.

I am leaning toward the Kanab in ASAT due to the merino, but some reviews saying wont hold up in the thick stuff, which is where archery deer sometimes take us.

Looking for some input from pa hunters that may use any of these and camo patterns for pa.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I have to read this site to find out how behind I am.

I still have a pair of black wool pants for winter. A pair of insulated running pants, sprayed for waterproofing, for wet snowy weather. Have a couple of Shetland wool sweaters that are my "basewear" under a old parka. The socks are plain old wool. Never did get into merino wool.

And a pair of marpat marine camo, that still suits me. And for my scent control properties, I wash my clothes in washing soda and twenty team borax. Have to make up a batch of diy scent killer.

No, I don't miss all those extra bills.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mus42tang said:
I have to read this site to find out how behind I am.

I still have a pair of black wool pants for winter. A pair of insulated running pants, sprayed for waterproofing, for wet snowy weather. Have a couple of Shetland wool sweaters that are my "basewear" under a old parka. The socks are plain old wool. Never did get into merino wool.

And a pair of marpat marine camo, that still suits me. And for my scent control properties, I wash my clothes in washing soda and twenty team borax. Have to make up a batch of diy scent killer.

No, I don't miss all those extra bills.
black wool pant suggestion?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts