The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I pulled all my traps for pumpkin season, I had some free time and ideas. Ive been carrying around an old rucksack with a bucket inside it to carry all my stuff and decided i had enough of that.

After searching around, contemplating just buying a traditional or other premade pack, I came to the conclusion That Id rather have something of my own, because to me thats the other half to this hobbie. Doing things my way and and having a bit of DIY about it.

Im not entirely responsible for comIng up with the idea entirely on my own, I just tweaked it to fit what I needed. It still needs a place for scents and other misc tools.

1 ALICE pack frame and padding.
2 trashcan from wally world. I think it was an 18gal?
3 $.97 packs of bolts, nuts and washers
4 strap webbing from the surplus store
5 half an hour

Heres what Ive got. If nothing else, its comfortable!!

its 23" tall and about 17" wide and 13" deep.

Whatcha think?!

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Nice idea. I hope it holds up in cold weather.
Cut out plywood to line the inside bottom. May want to think about plywood on outside bottom. Bottom takes a beating in the long run.
Good Job.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
1/8 " luan or 1/4" ply would weigh next to nothing in the bottom.. great idea

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive got about $60 into it. Now that you guys said it I overlooked/forgot about a base. Will prob add a thin piece of plywood or similar to make up a base.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Backroads said:
Ive got about $60 into it. Now that you guys said it I overlooked/forgot about a base. Will prob add a thin piece of plywood or similar to make up a base.
You could use an old piece of synthetic cutting board on the bottom to keep it all weatherproof.

Great idea by the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts