The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought i would say high.been watching this forum for a few years now an decided it was time to sign up.started out last year with a new carbon express cx1.sold it this year when i bought my new PSE bow.then had some medical promblems with my eyes whitch made shooting my PSE hard an then wished i didnt sell it.decided to buy an excaliber ibex SMF package.had to take back to dealer as the scope ran out of elevation,mounted an remounted scope a few times,flipped rings around front to back.dealer tried a few things an figured the mount was bacd an he also said the safety wasnt working properly also.so they upgraded me to a vixen package for just under 40 bucks more than the ibex.know i keep shooting this vixen an cant believe how great this little crossbow is.the scope works as it should an once you get the speed dial set all the chevrons line up like they should out 50yrds.love the wieght of this thing.cx1 was a boat anchor,thats the only bad i could say about the cx1.the guy i sold it to is a coworking an between him an his young son the killed a pile of deer this year with it.he even used it during rifle season to fill his buck tag.now all i have to do is get a deer inside 35yrds to make meat with the vixen.by the way the dealer i boght the SMF package from called excaliber with the promblem,excaliber said send bow back an do what ever it took to keep me happy.great customer service with the shop an excaliber.so if anyone is wondering how excaliber is there top shelf as far as im concerned.

·
Registered
18,719 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad you stopped in. Excals are great bows and the Vixen is a wonderful choice. It has got to feel like feather compared to that CX.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am an Excalibur fan as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys.an yes it does feel lite.thats the only bad i could say about the cx1.the only draw back to the excaliber for me is that it doesnt go on safe when cocked but me an my son have made our selfs aware of that.but i love that we can decock it an dont have discharge it in the dark after a hunt though
Kawie

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Welcome to HPA. Excalibur makes a fine crossbow and the lower poundage ones are my favorites. I prefer the 175 lb. over all the others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts