The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You see our banner flying on this site (Outdoorsman's Insight Magazine), We are a local magazine dedicated to Western Pa. We will publish your stories(at our discretion), ranging from antics, adventures and mis-adventures in the outdoors. post them here or click on our banner and upload them directly to us under the file upload link on our site...remember to give us your information so we can give you credit for the story.
Thankyou,
CEO, Publisher
Outinsight Mgazine

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Suminsight, Welcome to the site and I hope your publication gets some print. Allow me to be the first to post....

In the early 90's a close friend who I will refer to as D.R goes out with his two uncles for the opening day of Turkey season. The uncles had spent a great amount of time and effort scouting for the hunt and locating a great bird. They were confident that they would be successful and were excited about the prospects.
Opening morning came and D.R. and his uncles were set up and ready to go. As the sun was on the rise, a video camera was set up and a beautiful image of the turkeys in their roost was being recorded. Now here comes the funny part. D.R was a smoker, but knew better than to light up so he had bummed a big dip of Copenhagen from his uncle prior to sitting down. While waiting for legal light and the turkeys to abandon their roost, D.R was enjoying his dip and swallowing the juices. So, the film is running, the sun is up and the moment of truth is seconds away. D.R. begins to vomit violently from the tobacco juices he had been swallowing. The camera stays on the turkeys just long enough to see them take off into the air and fly the opposite direction over the crest of the hill. The blah... blah...blah sounds continue in the video's audio. After the camera catches the turkeys departure, it turns to D.R who is on hands and knees sicker than he could imagine. The audio catches every dirty name, curse word, and insult directed at D.R as his uncles spew on for about 5 minutes. It took years for D.R to live this down and on occasion when the uncles are around they will bring it up and start on D.R. all over again. Unfortunatly I was not on the hunt in person but I was present for the first viewing of the mornings video and I think it was better than seeing it live.

Feel free to use the story if you like and I know if D.R reads it he will know it's his!

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
The page to send stories from your computer (my computer) has no form for personal information. That is unless it is on the another page after submit.

Wish you lots of luck!

I also encourage some of the very talented members here to submit some articles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts