The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I would like to know what he weighs!!!
Even with that huge rack he still looks enormous. I’d like to see him taken by a lucky hunter!

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to know what he weighs!!!
Even with that huge rack he still looks enormous. I’d like to see him taken by a lucky hunter!
He's going to be a load. We've had some big bodied bucks. Wait until late October and he's all swollen up. I'll bet he's around 260 live weight or more.

·
Premium Member
24,151 Posts
He’s a brute!! I like seeing his pics!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Do you think his spread comes out around his ears?? Wow. I know you rarely get a glimpse of him during hunting season but curious of how concentrated of an area you get his pictures at this time of year? I'm always curious of where / how mature bucks spend their days outside of the rut, especially in big woods. I had a buck that we had on camera in big woods for about 4 years (first pic was about a 120" 10 pt) and he ended up being killed a few hundred yards away from where I got his first picture as about 155" 10 pt. He was only seen one time in the daylight before he was shot and that was during the rut dogging a doe. Most pictures I was getting of him were also at around 2-3am. This is really amazing to see a buck of this caliber year after year in PA. I do hope you get a crack at him but I appreciate you posting these pictures for all of us to enjoy!

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you think his spread comes out around his ears?? Wow. I know you rarely get a glimpse of him during hunting season but curious of how concentrated of an area you get his pictures at this time of year? I'm always curious of where / how mature bucks spend their days outside of the rut, especially in big woods. I had a buck that we had on camera in big woods for about 4 years (first pic was about a 120" 10 pt) and he ended up being killed a few hundred yards away from where I got his first picture as about 155" 10 pt. He was only seen one time in the daylight before he was shot and that was during the rut dogging a doe. Most pictures I was getting of him were also at around 2-3am. This is really amazing to see a buck of this caliber year after year in PA. I do hope you get a crack at him but I appreciate you posting these pictures for all of us to enjoy!
We have a clover field and an orchard that he shows up to in the middle of the night. That's where the deer kinda socialize and feed at night. I can usually count on getting a picture of him at night there....late at night.

In the summer, there have been trail cam pictures in a about a 1/2 square mile area.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thank god he's by you and not me WOL. I'd be divorced for buying 200 trail cams and putting them everywhere trying to get pictures haha. Good luck this year!

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank god he's by you and not me WOL. I'd be divorced for buying 200 trail cams and putting them everywhere trying to get pictures haha. Good luck this year!
My hunting property is 2.5 hours away, I'm raising two kids on my own and one of them is into sports.....so I have no time for cameras. I recently got my second one out and just put out a 3rd last weekend. A few years ago, my buddy and I would have a dozen out between us. Just don't have a lot of time to myself anymore, or I would. Now, I get to camp infrequently and just want to relax when I get there. I am running up a couple of times during the week in the next few weeks to take care of some errands, so I may check a camera or two here and there. Once high school football season ends, I'll be up every weekend.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
He is one spectacular buck. We appreciate the pic updates!!!!!

This may a be a stupid question... Now that you've been watching him so long, would you be able to shoot him if given the opportunity? I'm sure there'd be a lot of mixed emotions there.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He is one spectacular buck. We appreciate the pic updates!!!!!

This may a be a stupid question... Now that you've been watching him so long, would you be able to shoot him if given the opportunity? I'm sure there'd be a lot of mixed emotions there.
Yeah, I'd be able to shoot him. I'd miss the trail cam pics, but that's better than him just disappearing and not knowing what happened to him.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
WOL, thanks for sharing... And good luck putting your tag on him! And to answer any of the people thinking that a "second thought" may come in to play when putting a pin on him, remember this... Your neighbors wont hesitate, your local poacher wont hesitate and an F150 will not either. It's clearly your choice and I am sure you are not the only person to have pics of him so the only advice anyone can give you is hunt every minute you can and be smart... That's all you can do against a truly once in a lifetime buck.. Wishing you all the luck to tag him..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts