The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have trouble with all them little lic. sticking to get together? i have had mine in the holder since i bought and signed them. when i bought it i told the lady i wanted everything well i got everything but the migratory. so i went on line and got it and when i just pulled my lic. out to stick it in there i noticed everything was sticking together and when you pull it apart the writing gets fuzzy. don't look like it got wet just the yellow sticks to the next when folded. no biggy just wondering if anyone elses did it.

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. Frankly, I don't give a rip unless I get some negative feedback from a WCO relative to this issue. As far as I am concerned this is not my problem but I hope it does not make it tough on the WCO's who need to check these things for validity and accuracy.

·
Super Moderator
4,705 Posts
You made me wonder,so I checked mine.They are as new no sticking.I use the old style holder and have hunted at least 15 times and in the rain.Maybe yours are in some heat or near a heat source.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i'm not making a rant, just was wondering if other had seen it and i'm sure if the wco's have trouble then hopfully the feedback gets to whoever it needs to to correct it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Mine seems to be holding up fine and I just got checked by a WCO this past week and he seemed happy with what he saw.

???

·
Registered
957 Posts
i have a holder with a zip-loc top on it so they do stay dry but i just checked min and they are doing just fine.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
The little plastic holder for the fishing license came off my back twice. It was probably due to the tree stand, but the safety pin is much smaller than the old back tag holders. I zip tied it to secure it until I found my original back tag holder.

·
Registered
180 Posts
being a fan of hunting in the rain , I have been keeping mine in a ziplock bag in the holder for a couple of years now, so far no issues with new tags

·
Registered
240 Posts
Briskey, this is an older run of posts.
But, if you dig around the Forums there was a News Release somewhere about the new PALS licenses. They are printed on a thermal paper and are sensitive to heat. They can turn black or the pages can stick together. But, as long as you don't overly abuse them (i.e. leave on your dash on a sunny day or when the heat is running, etc.), they should be fine.
BTW, I like the ziplock idea.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Briskey Mountain said:
being a fan of hunting in the rain , I have been keeping mine in a ziplock bag in the holder for a couple of years now, so far no issues with new tags
Be careful we took the dogs out coyote hunting a couple Sundays ago in the rain and we got wet. Well my son put his coat in the dryer and by mistake the license was still on it. it turned solid black and he to had purchased every thing. replacements cost him over $50.00. Printed on thermal paper and heat will ruin them.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
leave it to those in charge in harrisburg,the only thing they know how to do is spend 'our' money on themselves

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Another brilliant response from you. Why is this such a big deal, the old licenses got, I don't know how, run through the washing machine and were destroyed, they were in faulty holders and got wet and the ink ran off. How many people run thweir licenses through the dryer? The PGC should make them out of cast iron, then you would complain they are too heavy.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
"Another brilliant response from you." John you do brighten up this forum with your pithy responses...such a way with words...and civil too!

Muab Dib

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Glad you liked it, I am surprised you understood it.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
deadon4 said:
Briskey Mountain said:
Ouch that had to hurt. No problemo's so far. A bit tough to write on with the ball point pen though. Had to keep scribblin on my hand a dozen times to fill out my buck tag. Ink just seemed to quit on the paper.

Maybe the should print them on the same paper as
Money
thats some tuff stuff and you can write on it

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have seen the new tags..... seems like a PGC Brain Fart to me. They are kinda neat though, Like 6 little pages that you have to fold just right. I'm darn glad that I'm moving out of state before next hunting season.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts