The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pennsylvania is considering a proposal to construct a new municipal solid waste landfill near Clearfield.

PA Waste LLC wants to construct the proposed Camp Hope Run landfill on a parcel totaling 2,000 acres that would include a disposal area of 850 acres, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection.

The site would accept up to 5,000 tons per day and have capacity for 25 years, the DEP said.

PA Waste LLC previously submitted an application to construct the site in 2006, but the DEP denied that permit request "based on deficiencies in its site suitability analysis," the DEP said. That decision was appealed to the state Environmental Hearing Board, which sided with the landfill and sent the case back to the DEP, the agency said.

The proposed landfill is about seven miles south of Clearfield in Boggs Township, Clearfield County, the DEP said. Clearfield is located about 110 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
http://www.wasterecyclingnews.com/articl...in-pennsylvania

We'll keep burying it, while a "concept from the 1980's" is being utilized to promote sustainability is promoted click here.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
What's wrong with Pennsylvania Ave. in D.C.?

They can dump it with the rest of the garbage that resides there.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Anywhere along I-80 in northcentral PA is fair game for NYC/NJ trash. The trucks can be out and back in 1 day. This one is proposing 200+ loaded tractor-trailers per day.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TusseyMtMan said:
Anywhere along I-80 in northcentral PA is fair game for NYC/NJ trash. The trucks can be out and back in 1 day. This one is proposing 200+ loaded tractor-trailers per day.
Further South in Pa too. Chester, Conshohocken, Tulleytown get loads from there too.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i lived near the tullytown landfill for years. never again will i live near a landfill. between the smell, the truck traffic and the garbage strewn along the roads all around there it was sickening. thankfully the wind blew towards jersey most of the time, but when it didn't, look out. what i want to know is why is PA a designated dumping ground for new york? they have a lot of space up that way too. let them build up there. if i lived up near clearfield i'd be contacting my state reps and local zoning boards right now.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I'm surprised the economics are there for this facility considering that Veolia (ADS now) has a large landfill about 40 miles north of Boggs Twp. Additionally, the need for MSW disposal capacity has been declining for some time as recycling efforts have become more prevalent. I guess they are banking on drill cuttings and muds for a sizable chunk of their business.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Another character revealing remark.I guess some people dont care what ignorance they type as long as it makes them feel good.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
BuckRub00 said:
Another character revealing remark.I guess some people dont care what ignorance they type as long as it makes them feel good.
Excuse me, but based on your reply to my post I am suspecting you have taken exception to my comment. Would you care to explain this or did you do it just to make yourself feel good and maybe even a slight bit uppity for the afternoon?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
BuckRub00 said:
Ignorance? I thought his comment was spot on and couldn't agree more.

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Esox_Hunter said:
I'm surprised the economics are there for this facility..... Additionally, the need for MSW disposal capacity has been declining for some time as recycling efforts have become more prevalent.
Good points!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
New York wast going north of Boggs slowed way down due to deisel prices. The description on living along the route to a dump is exactly right. When some trucks hauling waste go by you can't stand the smell of it.

Boggs Twp has been fighting the dump proposal since it came up years ago. Signs are still up in some areas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts