The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a news item on the new Jeep cherokee and I can't immagiane a more inapropriate design for a "Trail Rated" vehicle. Maybe it's just me and a misplaced expectation that is no longer valid. But this Jeep looks like, well it looks like a fraud.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
They sure didn't do it any favors. Looks like what Buick would have built if they did 4-wheel drives.

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
"gritty off-road ready model"

All the ground clearance of a civic, good luck with that.

·
Banned
3,632 Posts
I USED to say Jeep had the best looking 4WD on the road. Jeep might be my next 4WD purchase when I get rid of my current 4WD. Hopefully they don't mess with the other models.

·
Registered
22,063 Posts
OK it does look lame, but if it has good axles and lockers and a lot of aftermarket support, it might be off road capable.

Have you looked at Wranglers lately? Power windows? Plastic bumper?

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Three on the tree- ysssiree! BTW, soemtimes the headlights would go out if I went down hill at a sharp grade. It was quite an adventure the first time that happened because my buddy and I were coming back from a day of small game in Westmoreland county and it happned. We were hoping it was aliens.

·
Registered
22,063 Posts
Remember, soccer moms only by 4WD vehicles to get through the snow. Those vehicles never see real off raod conditions.

·
Administrator
29,872 Posts
Actually, it is a long day today. One hour longer than yesterday in fact, since we set the clocks ahead yesterday!

BTW Whoever decided that changing the clocks on Easter Sunday is an idiot, who obviously doesn't have little kids in the house!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts