The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys per Falnuva's suggestion I created a new forum for noteworthy events and happenings so they don;t get lost in the daily clutter...

PLEASE FILL IT UP WITH THREADS ON YOUR EVENTS ASAP!!! Since it is at the top it needs a filled.

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks guys looking good...hopefully it will spur more interest too..

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Just some clarification RB -
Are we to ONLY post our upcoming events in the "HPA in the news" forum, and no longer post them in some of our favorite "hang-outs"?

When I hear "HPA in the news", I think of HPA showing up in newspapers or popular media - I don't think of regional activities for HPA members. My suggestion would be we should call our new thread "Regional HPA Events" or "HPA Members Events" or "Events of Interest to HPA Members". Keep the "HPA in the news" headline for times when we get some good press because some HPA members cleaned up a stretch of highway or SGL, or sponsored a local trout derby, or provided hunting instruction for juniors, etc.

Just a suggestion. I only make the point because I don't want to get our planned events to get lost - it's hard enough now to get members out in great numbers!

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Post events in there and in the forums where the likely audience will be .

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
I had already kinda cancelled the raccoon creek event, i already cancelled my campsite and had all the threads removed now ya'll just bumped it up and have people going.

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did not move that up there, if it is indeed cancelled please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
I posted it was cancelled in this forum and got zero response other than don't get frustrated which I am not

·
6,693 Posts
Rabbit410 said:
Just some clarification RB -
Are we to ONLY post our upcoming events in the "HPA in the news" forum, and no longer post them in some of our favorite "hang-outs"?

When I hear "HPA in the news", I think of HPA showing up in newspapers or popular media - I don't think of regional activities for HPA members. My suggestion would be we should call our new thread "Regional HPA Events" or "HPA Members Events" or "Events of Interest to HPA Members". Keep the "HPA in the news" headline for times when we get some good press because some HPA members cleaned up a stretch of highway or SGL, or sponsored a local trout derby, or provided hunting instruction for juniors, etc.

Just a suggestion. I only make the point because I don't want to get our planned events to get lost - it's hard enough now to get members out in great numbers!
I agree, I think the title should be changed to "HPA News and Events" or something similar to that because HPA In The News does seem like newspapers that have mentioned us etc.

Having said that, it does look nice

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guys you need to remember one urpose of the forum is to catch the attention of all, including media, and get some fo this stuff in the news.

The post from deer farmer is cool, and another great purpose.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Can we get the sw get together thread deleted. It makes us look bad and kinda tuff to start anything else with that hanging out there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts