The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished putting a new category on the blog on my website. The category is "Eric's Blog"

Eric MIller who is the Chief Public Lands Habitat Section, Buereau of Wildlife Habitat Management for the PGC has told me that he would like to post some habitat info on my blog. Eric is known here on HPA as Pa Sportsman. I know Eric because he is a serious grouse and woodcock hunter for whom I trained a great bird dog.

From time to time Eric is going to post some of the latest habitat info that he is working on. If you are looking for tips on how to find grouse and woodcock cover check out my blog. To do this first access my website http://knobmtnkennel.com/ then click on Tom's Blog. Next look down the right side of the blog until you come to "Categories" Click on Eric's Blog and all his posts will come up. Right now its simple as the woodcock post is the first and only. Eric assures me that there will be more.

Check it out!

Tom

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
I really enjoyed the habitat blog entry. So how many others are now finding themselves looking for hornbeam trees everywhere they go?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric is working on another blog entry. As for the hornbeam, I was in the area of one of my best hornbeam covers today. All the birds in other cover kept me from making it to the hornbeam. So far its been a great year for woodcock.

Keep checking the blog for Eric's latest article.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
knobmtn said:
Eric is working on another blog entry. As for the hornbeam, I was in the area of one of my best hornbeam covers today. All the birds in other cover kept me from making it to the hornbeam. So far its been a great year for woodcock.

Keep checking the blog for Eric's latest article.
I haven't found a woodcock near me in a while. I have to explore some new places. I'm really just getting into chasing woodcock and grouse here so I have lots to learn. Just being able to positively ID American hornbeamm and good woodcock habitat in general is something I'm still trying to learn.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris,

1. bring up http://knobmtnkennel.com/

2. find "Tom's Blog" (Its on the left about a quarter of the way down the home page) then click on that

3. when the blog opens go over on the right side and scroll down through recent posts, recent comments. etc, until you get to categories. Eric's blog is the first category. click there and you will have his first entry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts