The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My automobile GPS is outdated and is asking for an updated chip . Since most of the new ones have LIFETIME maps , I'm considering a new modern GPS .

1 - My question is , should I buy another automobile GPS or is there a Garmin that can do automobile and TOPO for hunting equally well ?

2nd question - Is it possible to ( LINK ? ) 2 Garmin's together to download/transfer all of your FAVORITES from the old GPS over to a NEW one ?

3rd question - I almost bought a Garmin 55 ?? , but when reading the box it said FREE LIFETIME MAPS , then on the accessory LIST : on the box , it also said UPDATED MAP CHIPS available from GARMIN . Wouldn't FREE maps be a download or are you ordering a FREE MAPPING CHIP from GARMIN ? Am I misunderstanding something ?

Thanks for any input/recommendations ....

·
Registered
12,136 Posts
As I too am looking for a replacement for my NUVI I am curious about what replies you get. Apparently I managed to damage mine by keeping it in the glove compartment. I did not know they could be damaged by the heat and cold from being left in a vehicle.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have a crossover Garmin GPS Nuvi I purchased a few years ago for the Side X Side , but once again , the features stated TOPO maps . Only to find out I have to order the maps separately for $99.00 . I should probably just order them and be done with it . I do know that if ordering TOPO maps , it's best to go with the CD version so you can preplan routes on your computer , then download them to the GPS . Apparently you can't do that with the memory card version once you download it to the GPS .

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I took the plunge on another Garmin Nuvi . It's the 2757 LM . Darn thing has a 7 inch screen !
Figured my 50+ year old eyes aren't gonna get any sharper in future years , so what the heck . Now I just have to see if the Garmin-Express site can save & transfer my FAVORITES to this new unit as they claim .....

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome .

Well , I tried the Express site . Can't find the FAVORITES transfer thing . Going to call the 800 # today and see how that works .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts