The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The deer always seem to get into the garden, but now they've done it, they are eating my tomatoes off of the plants - first time they've done that, they've eaten the plants before, but now they're going after the tomatoes! they've also chewed most of the leaves off my pepper plants, especially the green peppers. Guess I need a higher fence.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If it isn't 8 feet high it isn't a deterent to deer.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I have a great fence for all animals, we had problems with deer, and all other critters for years---not this year! I'll try to get some pictures to put up.

·
Registered
16,493 Posts
I have a 4 ft. chainlink fence that does the job. I know full well that the Deer can easily jump in, but I guess they're just not that ambitious. It's mostly for the G'Hogs we have roaming. The only thing the Deer get are the Beans as they climb up the fence.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a split rail fence around the garden with plastic 1/2" square fencing stapled to the inside and burried on the bottom, it's usually enough of a deterent, I guess the dry weather has them looking for a lush easy meal though. Frustrating when you work so hard in the garden to be "robbed"!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts