The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen any of these new G5 T3 broadheads yet? They look like the same stainless construction but with 3 rear deploying blades. Sort of like a Tekan head but with 3 blades. Thinking of maybe tryingthem frommy new Z7. It is hard to get my fixed heads to fly true at far distances when they are over 300 fps. Not a huge rage fan but I killed my deer with them last year. Just cant seem to find a fixed that will fly true at farther distances.

·
Registered
18,715 Posts
Only pictures. I like the fact that they eliminated the orings on this model. G5 makes good stuff and I expect the T3 to be a top shelf performer.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I may try them. Got a new bow, but since i'm shooting 80 lbs with this one, I'm a little leary on using the Rage's like i have the pass 3 years beacuse of the possibility of them opening in flight. More oomph MAY cause an issue that I not willing to worry about. I'd like to know exactly how the blades are held in place.

I'll be trying fixed and maybe these with the new bow prior to turkey season.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking for them at the Eastern Sports Show and I asked Lancaster archery about them and they werent sure when they would be avaiable. I have used G5 Strykers up until last year. My buddy had bought 3 packs of Rage 2 blades and decided not to use them after he lost a buck early in the season due to making a bad shot on it. I guess I just used the rage to show that it doesnt matter as long as you wait and make a good shot. I like G5 products but I just cant get anything to fly accurately out of my new bow. I was professionally set up and tuned by my friend that shoots for Mathews. He says that you might experience this because of the speed. I have tried Thunderheads,Muzzy MX-3,and Montecs and Strykers and cant hold groups ZI want to at 30 yds. With Rages and I even have some older Rocky Mountian Snyper 2 blade mechanicals, I can hold my groups to 50 yds. I can't wait until these heads are available. They look like another quality product from G5

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Nuge said that slick tricks fly well. I haven't personally used them yet but I intend to this fall.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Junkie try using blazer vanes I had the same problem for years and tried most of the heads you mentioned. This year I switch to blazer vanes and after I paper tuned them they shot perfect with ether field tips or broad heads. Im using thunder heads but I also shot my tekans and an old muzzy I had laying around. I am sold 100% after years of fighting to say tuned it was great to be able to switch heads and see no difference.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been shooting blazer vanes for 4 years now. I do all my own arrows and have tried every degree of offset and helical with regular and blazer vanes. On some fixed heads it made a difference on my old bow, but my new one is giving me 308 fps with a 412 gr arrow. Thats where I am having problems

·
Registered
894 Posts
the blaze and the fusion blades do help stabilize but IMO any bow over the 300-315 should not shoot the Rage due to its o-rings not rated for that torque, The same reason we don't suggest them with the crossbows. If you can get what you want from a fixed blade like the slick tricks or sonic heads shoot them There are a number of mechanicals that are better suited for that speed, like the X factor or the jack hammers but shoot what works best with your set up all broadheads put in the right place will do the job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts