The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

New Fracking Rules Suigned By Gov Wolf

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Varmintmist 
#1 ·
Governor Wolf Signs Bill Allowing New Fracking Rules to Be Finalized

June 23, 2016

Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf today signed 12 bills into law, including Senate Bill 279, which will allow for new regulations aimed at protecting the environment, water supplies and public areas from effects of unconventional oil and gas drilling, most commonly referred to as ‘fracking’.

“I am pleased to have reached bi-partisan agreement with the legislature to proceed with the Chapter 78a unconventional oil and gas regulations, which will better protect the health of our environment and our residents,” said Governor Wolf. “As part of the compromise I reached with the legislature, my administration will get to work immediately to redraft conventional regulations, and I have directed the Department of Environmental Protection to begin the process.”

The new Chapter 78a regulations set forth new standards to protect public resources, including water, land and places like parks and schools. The new regulations also improve landowners ability to express their concerns and modernize the regulatory program to recognize advances in technology.

See less See more
#6 ·
those who spell it without a K are the ignoramuses who wish to differentiate the word with such other adjectives such as "friggen" or "freakin" and worse. They ungrammatically spell the word to suit their own desire to soften the connotation of the abreviation. Technically, under American grammar rules of spelling and pronunciation, in "Fracing" the a would be a long vowel and the c would be pronounced as an "s". so "fracing" would rhyme with "racing". Yes the media added the "K" to actually spell the word as it is pronounced, as opposed to the illiterate boobs in the industry who understand neither how to abbreviate or to spell in accordance with rules that have been in effect for 150 years.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.