The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the reps working hard on events and such, what do you guys think about having a new forum ?

I was thinking about a forum called "HPA in the News" or something along those lines.

It would be a place for people to post news articles, pictures and so on that the media picks up.

I was just thinking about it since some of the projects we will be doing will be covered by media outlets. If members see that HPA is being covered and HPA is being active in events offline, it may spur some interest in the members as well as draw prospective members.

I wanted to get your feelings on this before I post this in the Suggestion forum.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
I like it but if I create it , we got to keep it popping (not that I think that is going to be problem
).

I can put it up in the welcome area....still put it in suggestions though, so we draw some pre-release attention to it.

BTW, I HATE rainy Saturdays

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe make a new forum between Welcome Aboard and the General Hunting forum ? Make it its own forum rather than a sub-forum? That way it is near the top.

Maybe HPA in the News, or HPA News and Events or something along those lines?

I will put it in the suggestion forum today.

you say rain RB? Not raining here

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
I hate rainy saturdays too. I just drove an hour to meet a guy to buy a grill and he's a no show.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
HPA events sounds good. That way members can go there to see what is planned. I know the 2 threads I have in the General forum need help. If we could post to and Events Forum I think that would be great.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
I'd like to see an Event Forum
SE event is posted on three forums now. Each time it has to be a sticky or it get's "plowed under" (I can't get any respect on the Fishing Forum!
) And if a region has more than one event in a period, or more than one region has an event going at the same time - well, you can see how the top of our forums can become full (along with other important "stickies")

The only debate I have going is - with guys so loyal to their favorite forum - let's say they're archers - do they go anywhere else on the boards? I know a few do - but I have good reason to believe many do not. Would the Event Forum get the amount of traffic we would want?

Perhaps a main sticky, appropriately titled, could be put at the top of all forums that linked to the Event Forum.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think people that are loyal to "their" forums check the other forums but dont post as often.

My thinking is similar, that we could still make the posts in the regular forums and have a link to the new forum. That way, we have a place where people can go to see all the events happening, but also have the posts in the regular forums in case they miss the new forum.

A new forum will take a little bit of time to build up to being checked everyday, but if we keep it busy, more and more will check it regularly. It is all about conditioning the other members to check something new

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Rabbit410,

I just stickied your post in General Fishing. Shoot me a P.M. if you need anything in the future, I sometimes miss stuff on the boards..

Sometimes I think "stickying" a thread gets it less views?? if that makes sense?? I think a lot of people skip right past the stickied topics to get into the new stuff??

Sometimes I think its better to leave it alone but refresh it in the evenings during high traffic times??

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BONZy said:
Rabbit410,

I just stickied your post in General Fishing. Shoot me a P.M. if you need anything in the future, I sometimes miss stuff on the boards..

Sometimes I think "stickying" a thread gets it less views?? if that makes sense?? I think a lot of people skip right past the stickied topics to get into the new stuff??

Sometimes I think its better to leave it alone but refresh it in the evenings during high traffic times??
HPA has stickies? Never noticed them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts