The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Administrator
27,855 Posts
Not sure where that info is on the new board, but the old board would tell you who was online, how many guests, how many members were on in invisible mode, and how many web crawlers, bots etc.
Some info is available to the public and some isn't. Even if the true numbers were being thrown around they would have to be compared to the real numbers that occurred exactly this many days after the last time we changed software (That was in November of 2016) to have any meaning at all.
Our members are learning that they can make changes in this new software to make things more to their liking.
Our moderators are learning about the same things that members are learning, and they're learning to deal with any changes that may affect their job.
Onsite Administrators have to learn what members learn, what Moderators learn, and they have a ton of new procedures they have to learn far behind the scenes where they make certain changes to the software.
Even now small changes are being made, but when the onsite team members are comfortable with our own new duties we'll be working with Cricket and with members of the support team to tailor the software even further so it works for our members.

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
Some info is available to the public and some isn't. Even if the true numbers were being thrown around they would have to be compared to the real numbers that occurred exactly this many days after the last time we changed software (That was in November of 2016) to have any meaning at all.
Our members are learning that they can make changes in this new software to make things more to their liking.
Our moderators are learning about the same things that members are learning, and they're learning to deal with any changes that may affect their job.
Onsite Administrators have to learn what members learn, what Moderators learn, and they have a ton of new procedures they have to learn far behind the scenes where they make certain changes to the software.
Even now small changes are being made, but when the onsite team members are comfortable with our own new duties we'll be working with Cricket and with members of the support team to tailor the software even further so it works for our members.
Well as an administrator I would think you would have access to the numbers from 2016 compared to now? So what is the difference.

Still like this board and there are still some good people on here. However this place is a far cry from what it used to be when RB still owned it. There was alot more participation then. Probably several reasons for that.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Like L said in another post. The new site needs some tweeking and getting use to. I`m sure the moderators and administrators are doing their best to answer the members concerns and complaints about the new site. Just give them time.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
I've been a member here for 18 years. I used to check in several times a day and post pretty often. This site started a downward slide after RB sold it and it continues to circle the drain. This new upgrade is worse than the last one, something I didn't really think was possible.

My PM's have been completely screwed up since the first site change three or four years ago. They are a fragmented jumble instead of coherent threads of sent and received conversations. One of the admins tried to straighten it out years ago to no avail. I haven't even checked them after this newest change.

And what's up with this Premium Membership bullcrap? Ridiculous. I have gone from checking in several times a day (years ago) to sometimes not visiting for months at a time. I'm sure I'm not the only long-time member who feels this way about this once great site.

·
Administrator
1,990 Posts
Can I ask a huge favor of y'all?

Can we keep all feedback, questions, concerns, requests for help, etc.regarding the new platform in our Community Feedback thread rather than starting new threads?

The reason this is important is that we will be seeing weekly updates (approximately) that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. By keeping all of the information in one thread, we can help make sure that we don't miss anything.

We absolutely want to hear all of the feedback, both good and bad.

We are just asking that it be posted to the community feedback thread. :)

- Cricket

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
It pains me to say this because I look forward to checking in on this site pretty much daily
and have had some good exchanges with other members but the new Forum
has taken the wind out of this Guys sails. Had it been this way from the Get Go I probably wouldn't have joined.
I would like to take the time to Thank all those that have put time and effort into making this site what it is.
Not that anybody should care but I went thru this with a popular Bass Fishing web site years ago that changed hands
and was Just never the Same.😥

·
Registered
424 Posts
Agree with you Potter Co. Joe. This change has not been for the better. The previous site worked fine and they should have left it alone. The site users should have some input to ralevent changes!

·
Administrator
27,855 Posts
Agree with you Potter Co. Joe. This change has not been for the better. The previous site worked fine and they should have left it alone. The site users should have some input to ralevent changes!
Can I ask a huge favor of y'all?

Can we keep all feedback, questions, concerns, requests for help, etc.regarding the new platform in our Community Feedback thread rather than starting new threads?

The reason this is important is that we will be seeing weekly updates (approximately) that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. By keeping all of the information in one thread, we can help make sure that we don't miss anything.

We absolutely want to hear all of the feedback, both good and bad.

We are just asking that it be posted to the community feedback thread. :)

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Unfortunatley, they're either asleep at the wheel or just don't care. I operate multiple websites and it's not rocket science, especially if you have the proper IT people involved. You would think with forums being their specialty they'd be able to implement changes immedietly. The banner heading alone is ridiuclous. Looks like they have their advertsiers flash banners all working properly??? Although I did submit a request about advertising and never got a reply. I advertise on other VerticleScope forums and they're all changing to this same cookie cutter format. I enjoy the banter on HPA and there's several people here I respect, but it may be time to look elswhere. They've had enough time to get the bugs worked out and make the suggested changes to keep everyone somewhat engaged.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Spot on TBrom.

A lot of people in the industry today want to make website design sound similar to rocket science, just ain't so, so quit feeding us this line of BS.

There is nothing about this website that makes it appear to be an outdoors website. The small banner at the top that I see is cropped at the top & bottom, and represents a small portion of the total page. Still no background colors other than black & white.

And as I've said before, the flashing ads throughout the pages actually represent what this site is all about ... SALES & MONEY ! ! !

161 - 175 of 175 Posts